Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 First damages done :) >

First damages done :)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

First damages done :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First damages done :)

Just thot you pros might get a kick outta the crashes us newbies make I was out in the garage practicing and my snow blower JUMPED outta no where and snaged my rotor blades. Don't know if it was actually my evil snow blowers fault, or the fact that it was 16 BELOW 0 in my garage and I could not feel my fingers. Little hard to control the sticks well in those conditions
So, I got a little nick in my blade, no biggie, put some tape on it and rebalanced them. But what I did notice that pissed me off and now has me grounded waiting for parts is my flybar paddle. The crash bent on of my paddles out of wack, so I loosened the screw a bit to level it out, and when I went to screw it back down the nut f'in stripped out!! C'mon now, that's just cheezy. How are you suppoesed to adjust things if you can't even loosen and tighten these things once?! Pisser. So now I have to wait for some little screws in the mail. Grrrrr...
j
Old 01-14-2004, 05:19 PM

Default RE: First damages done :)

I've had the same problem with my fixed wing birds. Everybody thinks those trees are firmly planted in the ground. Not so!

Mike
Old 01-14-2004, 07:49 PM

You know what...

I had a kalt whisper(.10 sized electric CP heli) a while back, and learning how to hover 1 1/2 foot off the ground.
After about a few seconds of hover time, the bird's blades somehow hit its own tail boom sending it straight down. To this day, I still do not know what the reason was!

I didn't even hit any obstacles! Talk about dumb luck huh?

_Dan
Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 PM

I have had the same tree jump out at two different airplanes! The second airplane lived to fly another day. The first, lets just say there weren't any big parts left![:@]
Old 01-15-2004, 12:03 AM

Hi all,

Well, just got the crystal and gyro I was waiting for, so I put my hummingbird together, and guess what!

The freak'n throttle channel needed to be reversed on my Futaba radio. At first, I was surprised that the throttle didn't do anything. Then I guess I must have maxxed the throttle, cause when I throttled back to the off position, the heli did the crazy wild turkey dance across my rec room floor! I managed to unplug the battery before I screwed anything up, but then I noticed on of my paddles was perpendicular to the other paddle. I think I have it more or less in the right position now, but I am curious- how are these to be aligned? Neutral position on the right stick, then both paddles parallel to the ground with the flybar parallel as well?

Anyway, I didn't even loosen the paddle to straighten it, I could just get it to move the right way and it seems to be tightly in the right place now.. I even managed to get a few 10 second hover hops before the battery needed recharge.. FUN!!

Jason