Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Opinions on AeroHawks

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Opinions on AeroHawks

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 12:14 AM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on AeroHawks

I'm sure you guys by now have seen the new Aerohawks out on the Heli Market, If not a photo Below is included with this Post! They Come with 3 different body styles and are not exspensive at all. anywere from $199 - $229 RTR w/Radios Assembled for you! Sounds to good to be true, But thats What I'd Like to know? Does anybody have one yet? And is it a fairly good flying helicopter, Or is it a Garbage Knock-off of the Piccilo and other Micro Helis. I must admit I saw the price and Purchased one from Hobby Lobby. Haven't gotten it yet, But since I build and fly my own MS Hornet Micro Heli, I was wondering how these Aerohawks compare to the Hornet and Piccilo Micro Helis. I'd hate to think that I spend over $400 on a Honet and now you can get a simular set-up for half the price. But on the other hand I'd hate to think That I wasted $200 on an Aerohawk that may be nothing more than Jap Junk Flooding the market! I've seen them on ebay with a starting bid of only .99 cents from a company in Hong Kong! Oh Well I guess I'll find out in a couple of Days, But till then if anyone has an aerohawk and knows what it's like to have a real Micro Heli to compare Performance of both, please post your opinion on it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23501.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	92410  
Old 01-20-2004, 05:39 AM
rødebaldakin

Default RE: Opinions on AeroHawks

Heh this is no new heli its been out almost a year now. The beef on it is:

- Lite, strong and cheap and can take crashes better than almost anything
- cheap parts
- Skimpy almost useless manual,, depend on internett and read up on other microhelis
- Not the top performer in this class,, but set up correctly its good enough for the price and flight times and capabilities seems to be on par with other helis this size.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:58 AM
glennT

ORIGINAL: r?ldakin

- Not the top performer in this class,, but set up correctly its good enough for the price and flight times and capabilities seems to be on par with other helis this size.
Depends on how much you have learned to finetune it. I believe in the class of cheap helis, Aerohawk outperforms other models.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:55 AM
heli_fly

I can't compare it to others in the same class. All I can say is that I got mine at Christmas and have been very pleased so far. It has been pretty tough so far and I'm starting to get it hovering a bit, but I'm still learning. Recently had a few hard landings and need to replace the PCB board (looks like I trashed the gyro) so it isn't indestructable, but I don't think many micro helicopters are. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to replace (stay with the all in one board or go seperates -- not sure how difficult the sperates will be so I'm doing some reading on the forums).

What I can say is that if I hadn't found this relatively cheap heli, I would probably still just be dreaming of some day getting into RC helis. This has opened the door for me. I read a lot of posts before buying it, so I knew what to expect when I got it, and I had a pretty good idea on how to set it up, and some things to be careful of. It has opened the door to a lot of fun and I am hooked.

Some have complained a bit, but there was another post that said it perfectly -- they saw the low price tried to jump in and didn't realize what they were really getting into. They expected to fly immediately with no learning curve and no attention to setup.

That' my 2 cents.

Heli_fly
Old 01-20-2004, 11:13 PM
AERO-hawker

I also got an aerohawk for christmas. Mine flies well out of the box. It is durable I have crashed many times. Right now I am grounded because the tail motor burned out, but I ordered a new one (they are only $5 at raidentech.com) and hope to get it soon. I am definitely happy with my aerohawk. FlyingFish,I hope you are happy with yours as well.