Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Why is it so hard to get parts?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Why is it so hard to get parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 11:22 AM
JasonRP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is it so hard to get parts?

OK, online stores are VERY frustrating..

I was looking to buy a chopper, and after reading here about all the nightmare stories of dealing with Heli-hobby, I carefully read on and went to the other online store that everyone recommended. First of all, let me say that I *HAD* to go online, since my LHS doesn't carry any non-nitro helicopters, and if they ordered me one they were gonna mark it up 100%.. Unless you want to buy a Raptor, they will pretty much screw you over (that's if they're not just laughing at you or ignoring you). Also, well known, big online stores like TowerHobbies (who I've had GREAT luck with over and over) seemingly don't like to carry much heli stuff either. So, we have to resort to these tiny, online-only stores..

Anyway, I call up to order a helicopter.. The guy seems friendly enough, and though I was looking at buying a hornet FP, he told me that since I was a Newbie I'd have a very hard time getting it going. I believe this, and I bought a HB for a lot less money, plus I didn't have to put it together. The shipping should be 2 days, so after about 4 or 5 days, I check my bank account, and nothing has been charged to my card. I call up, and the guy tells me he hadn't run the paperwork yet.. ??! Ok, well, he finally runs it through, and I get my order 2 days later. I am so pleased with how fast the shipping was (almost cross country) and it was cheap too. I was very happy with this company steering me the right way, and I was thinking that the delay was probably a one time thing, so I told my uncle, and he too ordered a HB from the same company. I also called in another order for some parts..

Well, to make a long story short, I have yet to receive my parts, my uncle has yet to receive his HB, and my card has not been charged yet. I called up the company and left a message, got no response, no email, no call back.. I wonder if this company is just incredibly busy? Anyway, I'm not gonna name the company, because I don't want to trash the good reputation that he has earned here. I'm hoping that nothing happened to him also. But I gotta say, this is annoying. If I'm gonna spend my money on a hobby, I want to pay and play.. I'm tired of waiting for crap that I order for no reason. I could see if it is lost in the mail, but it isn't. Why is it so hard to get anything for these microhelis?? Why is it that some of these small chopper companies can't get (or won't get) their products sold through Tower? My next chopper is gonna be a LMH Corona, but now I am having second thoughts, as I am tired of this same old routine when I want to buy parts.. What is this, "Shopatron" junk? I don't like the idea of not ever knowing if you will get what you pay for because it is website only, and there is no person standing behind the company to tell you what is in stock, when they plan to ship, etc..

Jason
Old 01-24-2004, 02:49 AM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Why is it so hard to get parts?

Here's a couple of online places I had no problems with; http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/ and also http://www.hobby-lobby.com/
I got my hornet from Hobby lobby and some parts from deeteeenterprise. Hobby Lobby is pretty good because they sell parts for all the heli kits they carry, and both companies constantly give you e-mail updates on your order.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:45 AM
smokingcrater

the micro heli market is pretty small yet at this point, (no pun intended!), so that explains some of the situations with dealers. When you find a vendor that works for you, stick with them! I've had great service from slys

http://www.slyshobbyden.net/
Old 01-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Keester

Rkramer is right. The market is [was] small and the damand has exploded. Plus the popularity hit full stride around christmas as well. Depleated a lot of stock. I have heard the parts should start flowing again in mid Feb. I had to go with Helihobby because my LHS was out and everything was, [is] on back order. On the bright side, when ever a market like this grows we will see improved tech. and choices. And with more useage of these Micros leads to better Ideas and upgrades. I think we have a long way to go. Looking foward to it.
Enjoy...........Keester