Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

my Aerohawk has come but i need help please

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

my Aerohawk has come but i need help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 12:01 PM
mad_taffy2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Aerohawk has come but i need help please

hi guys the little chopper has come its my first ever chopper (im a car guy so i do have a some rc knoledge) i set it up like the manuel says and i have fixed the training kit to the ski's and had a little go to set the the trims

BUT!!! i have got 3 problems which are

the tail roter seems to be spinning to fast maing the chopper turn clockwise what can i do to stop it the trim is full

the chipper wont lift off the ground dont seem to be enogh lift? how do i reslolve this

the chopper is sliding to the left when facing away from me? messed with the trim but i ahvnt resolved anything

these 3 things seem to be a big problem for a little learner like me an im guessing i cant really learn to fly with out them sorted so please sort me out fellas

cheers

jon

p.s. can some 1 also explain to me what the gyro actuly dose as im a total newbie and i dont have a clue about any of your heli lanuage
Old 01-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Smithaw
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: my Aerohawk has come but i need help please

Well I can't really help with your problems but i just got an Aerohawk yesterday. I have the same problem with it sliding to the left as well. I can tell you the gyro tries to help keep the tail in one position. You can test this buy turning on the Tx and then turning on the heli. Next turn the tail boom but make sure your hand is out of the way of the tail rotor because if your gyro is working proberly it should turn the tail rotor.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Super-Hornet

Hi

I'm using Dragonfly so can't really help you on Aerohawk but some of the behavior are similar to all chopper.

If your main rotor blade spin clockwise (Seeing from top view), your tail will try to go right (Seeing from top view again or from rear view). To counter your tail movement due to main motor torque, the tail rotor will generate thrust that pushing your tail to the left.

With both combination, it is inheritantly that clockwise spinning chopper will tense to drift to the left.

I not sure what is your Mixer or your ESC look like so I can't really recommend what to tune. U need to reduce the tail rotor torque/thrust in order to reduce the spinning. How to reduce will depend on what ESC/Mixer/Gyro u have.

As for not enough strength to lift up, First thing to check is whether have you fully charge your batteries?

As for gyro, I think Little_Syco pretty much explain it.

Super-Hornet
Old 01-29-2004, 05:43 PM
heli_fly

Sounds like you have answers to two of your questions. The remaining question is how to adjust the tail rotor spin.

First try to set the trim all the way to the opposite side before you turn on the heli. Then after the red LED comes on, adjust the trim. If you can do it this way, it is easy, and no messing with anything.

If this still isn't enough to trim out the tail rotor spin, you need to look at the 2 pots on the mixer board. Taking this from another thread:

ORIGINAL: glennT

There are 2 pots on the mixer board. The front most for gyro sensetivity, the next for gyro gain. Clockwise to adjust up for both.

If your not seeing enough tail authority from a new motor, the motor is bad. Turning up gain will only kill it sooner.
If you have too much tail spin, you should be able to turn the gain counter clockwise to get you into a trimmable region.

Good luck.
Heli_fly