Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

MS Hornet 2 or Zoom 400

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

MS Hornet 2 or Zoom 400

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 08:55 AM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MS Hornet 2 or Zoom 400

Which one do you guy think is better or worst... PLease give me some pros and cons. Since my new tx is on it way... looking forward to something new ...
Old 03-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MS Hornet 2 or Zoom 400

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=214896
Old 03-31-2004, 03:17 AM
Prozak

same question i had a few days ago =p
Old 05-15-2004, 10:54 AM
sniper887

I had a question about the zoom 400. Would you recommend that helicopter for a beginner? I was pondering getting a .30 size helo like a raptor or hawk sport, but this one seems to be similar, with collective pitch, but just smaller. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Xperimental

If you ask me,.... i'd order the Zoom... cause if something goes wrong and i need components... i can get it easier.
I think the hII is more expensive... don't you think?
Oh ya... another thing.... with hII you need a CCPM tx... Zoom needs 5ch ordinary tx.....
Waiting for LHS to see the zoom in a few days to come... still trying to decide what to buy....
??????????????
Old 06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
hadis

Go for Shogun/dolphin/zoom/microstar/evo 400..
Its size bigger than Hornet, and looks more like the gas powered ones, and will handle wind better.
You do not need to buy other optional parts, it's 3D-ready out of the box even with the stock motor.
It has autorotation unit bullt-in.
This unit will cost you USD 50 for Hornet 2.

And with a little trick, you can still use 4-ch radio to fly this heli (zoom...), which is impossible for Hornet II.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:50 PM
coltech

Hmmm.....

I'd guess that all contributors so far don't own a hornet 2.
I do and, in this hobby as well as any others, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't recommend a H2 for a beginner. But if you're staying in the air for entire batt. packs then this is a good step up towards gas powered helis. The 400 still has probs with tail gear, H2 will go inverted, stock, without upgrades. Checkout [link=http://www.hornet-heli.com]hornet-heli[/link]also check vids on [link=http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS.ms_hornet.Walt.videos.phpww.deeteeenterprises.c omms_hornet.Walt.videos.php]deeteeenterprises[/link]. I rest my case[sm=cool.gif]
Old 06-25-2004, 12:34 AM
meb48

Zoom - Shogun- Dolphin will also go inverted stock. It is a very well made bird, and although it comes fully assembled (except obviously for servos etc), the design is simple enough that problems are easy to scope out & repair. (Some helis really should be built by the owner, just to know the machine more thoroughly.) Helihobby is going to soon be selling an aluminum replacement for the tail gear in the #165190 part set; the only other knocks on the Shogun et al are the fragility of the foam & plastic main rotors, and the extreme difficulty of getting replacement parts right now. This is of course temporary, and is due to the newness & extreme popularity of this heli. The parts situation will clear up in the next 6 mos, and other blades will become available in the aftermarket.
Everybody crashes, and the parts availability for the Z-S-D makes repair problematic right now... I don't own a Hornet, so cannot speak to its strengths & weaknesses; it is a bit smaller (about 20% I think) and I hear it is less stable, particularly outside in rough air. My Shogun is a rock at hover, even using smaller Hummingbird blades on it. For some it may be a close call, but no machine is perfect; I would personally recommend the Z-S-D just because I love mine so much, but Hornet owners may feel as strongly.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:21 AM
chrisleeja

Hmmmm, i will just repeat what all the experienced pilots around me say !QUOT!bigger is better!QUOT! I am no great helicopter pilot, just started out a couple of months ago. Since i got into helicopters i bought a Fun Piccolo and a Pro Piccolo. Re: your question about the MS Hornet2 or Zoom 400, thats a tricky question. The first thing i would ask is have you looked, touched both of the helicopters? I think that is the most important thing to do if going with micro helicopters. All the stuff on-line i think is a bit deceiving, I would suggest if you can go and look over the both birds you are interested in and then you make your choice, visit flying fields and ask alot of questions about the helis. I too am a beginner and my choice of the Piccolo i don't think was right but one of the major facts why i got my piccolo was the heli fuel was not readily available where i am, flying field is a bit far. If i had to do it all over again i would have started out with a 30 or even a 50 size heli, gas or nitro fuel. Extream situation the new IonX awsome bird.

Chris