Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Fun Piccolo is not fun

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Fun Piccolo is not fun

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 08:08 PM
zertndo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Piccolo is not fun

I am half afraid to post a message after reading the negative reviews on Electric Heli's. 47 years old and I am a babe in the woods when it comes to this stuff.

Putting my guns and train hobbies to sleep, I wanted to try a new one and thought of RC Heli's. I got caught up in the Hobby-Lobby ad for the Fun Piccolo and bought one 90% complete.

Oops, did I get taken. The instructions for the final assembly were absolutely terrible and the instructions for the transmitter were for fixed wing. They claimed this was a beginners Heli. Beginning alcoholism and drug abuse after trying to get this thing going. No sooner did I have everything together, I looked at the transmitter plans and it said to put the stick at power off and turn the transmitter on. Then connect the battery to the Pico Board. Well, it does fly since the directions had the power to 50% instead of off and I crashed the blasted thing. Now no one knows anything around here about electric Heli's, but someday someone will come forth and help all of us poor old fools.

If there is some kind soul who does know about these things, I would like to hear from them. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE SERVO'S ARE ON RIGHT!!!.....[&o]

(Note) I also posted this in the regular Electric Helicopters forum.[X(]
Old 04-15-2004, 08:42 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fun Piccolo is not fun

Dont' fret. Help is on the way.
There are some sites that have a ton of useful information for you.

Here is a place that has a lot of Piccolo flyers - Ikarus
Paul's is a must read for any Piccolo owner.
And Radd's is required reading for any Micro newbie.

Which side of PA is that?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:26 PM
highster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Vince,

did you make out to the Weak Signals show and sale?

I got a Piccollo there. Still working on getting it together.[]
Old 04-15-2004, 09:41 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have I been to Mecca? YES!
The whole family goes every year. I LOVE going there. I had several things on my to-blow-money-on list but I could not find exactly what I wanted. I wanted to get a 3D plane but the vendor that I really wanted to buy from was not there (can't remember the name either) I got a lot of pieces parts, several more LiPo packs, and helped my dad and brother spend about $1200 on brushless motors and planes.
I plan on going to each Toledo show until infirmaty prevents.