Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

IS this ESC good?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

IS this ESC good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 09:46 PM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS this ESC good?

I am going seperate.
I have ordered the following so far.
thunderpack 1300mah lipo.
johnson 25 motor (main)
litened heading hold gyro
tail esc= pixi 7p
dd tail system
gws 4 channel rx (will get a 6 ch in future in case I feel like cp)
gws dream starter tx

I wanted the pixi 20p foir the main esc but they were out....they asked if I wanted Castle Creations Pegasus-35 Speed Control
Is that any good. I dont mind paying the money as long as it is a good thing to have. He told me it would be safer as far as burning up my esc is concerned. Will this make my motors go up faster? which is probley ok cause I have 11 main motors on hand.
Please any input would be great.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:05 PM
RickyT63

Default RE: IS this ESC good?

Justin,
Pegasus-35 size is 1.1x0.6 in. (almost twice of pixie-20p) and weight more (0.75oz vs. 0.30oz).
You can get pixie-20p from http://www.aeromicro.com for $35.00
Regards
Old 04-29-2004, 11:09 PM
justin_92_92

so I shouldnt get it....thanx alot...I was wondering the differences in it. glad to have you around rick... I bought the g-10 frame for this too...hopefully will work out good for me. i also got the micro antena. Should I order some servo end clips to splice my origanal?
Old 04-30-2004, 03:24 AM
RickyT63

You still can use original servos by cutting off white plugs then connect to this:
http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/gws...a__1017308.htm

BTW, too many stuffs (upgrades) will add weigh and result is less flight time or can't get out of GE.
Regards
Old 04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
justin_92_92

bought the pixi 20p from aeromicro also got those servo clips I will take pics of every step I take in the process of putting this bd ass together. That way if anyone else decides to do it they can look at my pics. Got a question though. Where do I hook the antanna to when I get all this stuff? I am going to put this on my jabo system but I am also going to rebuild my jabo so I can still fly that around too. I have all the parts to keep the jabo going except the main shaft and the gear. all other parts I have on hand wich will make it kinda cool to have 2 helicopters. should I have gotten one of those on/off switches or is that not needed?
Old 04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
justin_92_92

also is this all just plug in and go or do I have to set things up? I dont know how to set anything up if I need to.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:43 AM
RickyT63

Antenna can be mounted to landing skid strut, just dont mount it on tail boom.
On-off switch is a nice feature but that depends on personal preference. For me, I'm trying to keep cost & weigh down as much as I can.
Regards
Old 04-30-2004, 11:01 AM
justin_92_92

true true......I dont need anymore weight then I have. But what does the antanna plug into. what chip? will it show me....will I get instructions with these things?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Banished Outside

Antenna will already be soldered onto the RX board

Steve
Old 04-30-2004, 06:01 PM
RickyT63

Justin,
Rx come with installed antenna, just wrap it around a straw then attach to landing skids struts.
For main ecs (pixie-20p), you need to program LVC (Low Voltage Cut-off) at 6.0V/Soft cut-off. Refer to manual for instructions.
While waiting for parts to arrive, you may want to download manuals and read ahead.

Pixie-20p/7p manuals: http://www.castlerc.com
Headholding Gyro/seperate set up:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43415.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	127904  
Old 05-01-2004, 12:27 AM
justin_92_92

wanna know whats funny.... I got an e-mail from hellihobby today. they said some of my order was on backorder and it may be a few weeks till I get what is not in stock. I was kinda pissed...i was so excited about getting this thing together and now this....well turnes out the only thing that is on back order is a set of banana plugs for my charger.....I am not sure why but I ordered two different types of banana plugs (one is the plug only and the other has leads off them...must have forgotten to take one set off order) so I will have everything still on time...just lacking the extra set of plugs lol. I was relieved. I havent even got this stuff in and now I keep thinking about cp. Oh and those airplanes...i see video of them hovering and it looks awsome.....I may pursue this hobby farther then I expected.