Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Quality of HB clones..

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Quality of HB clones..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 07:20 PM
crashparry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality of HB clones..

Hi,

After crashing my dragonfly into my neighbours roof, then car [&:] over the weekend I've decided it may be cheaper to buy another bird then to replace the broken parts.

After looking at the pics available on t'web It seems that the century version of the hummingbird is of a better quality then any of the clones? Would I be correct?

Also is it worth the extra $10 for the Elite version of the HB?

Cheers

Crash.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:38 PM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Quality of HB clones..

go to www.allerc.com you can get the dragonfly for 59.99. Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:00 AM
Coasty

I'm guessing that the G10 frame I bought for my HB II won't work on the HB Elite - right?
Old 05-20-2004, 10:53 PM
sworrix

ypur right it will not fit...i have both...there is a frame coming out for the elite version check out or email micro-flight.com..ss
Old 05-21-2004, 12:06 AM
justin_92_92

hey coasty. I think I may be able to make a custom frame for ya. I have some g-10. Qite a bit as matter of fact. If your interested in me trying let me know. You can e-mail me if you want. [email protected]. I can make it any way you want and I can get the struts that are on the g-10 if you wanted too. I would make this for you with no obligation to buy unless you like the final product. I am making head stiffeners too. But the g-10 I use for head stiffeners is thiker the the frame g-10. the frame g-10 is the exact same size as the one hellihobby has.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:36 AM
RickyT63

Justin,
Let me know about G10 frame that you're working on. I may want to upgrade to "Jabba"!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:31 AM
justin_92_92

I really want a reason to try it out. I wasnt sure if there was anything that would be woth changing from the one I have. I like it But wasnt sure if you could think of any changes to make it better as far as what we need in our helicopters. I am going to make this(try) on sunday. Ill post some pics.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:13 PM
buster7467

Can you make one for the aerohawk?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:57 PM
justin_92_92

I can try anything. I have a aerohawk frame that I am about to make one for for a buddy of mine. I will show you pics when done. I will have to buy the struts seperatley if you would want the ones that come with the g-10 frame from helihobby. I can get them for 9.99 plus shipping. But I think I will try to get g-10 tubbing. It will be something to experiment with. I just need to figure out a way to bend the g-10 tubbing. Mabey hot water will work. but if all else fales I can get the origanal struts.

Anyone have ideas for a better setup on the front or is the origanol good? I like the origanal but if you want to mount say a gyro you might want a bigger flatter spot on the front side or something. Just a thought. I will work had on sunday to get you guys some pics of the hummingbird body and the aerohawk body.