Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

CNC Aluminum Mast Collar @ $4.90

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

CNC Aluminum Mast Collar @ $4.90

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Hangerbearing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CNC Aluminum Mast Collar @ $4.90

CNC Aluminum Mast Collar with grub screw for replacing the plastic sleeves used to hold the main mast in place. Inner diameter of collar is 2.9mm. Fits all micro heli's.

Collar grips on tightly onto main mast which ensures correct gear meshing.

New in bag @ $4.90 shipped. PM me or to save the trouble, u could Paypal to this account [email protected] and I'll send it over to the address stated in your paypal details. If you worry abt delivery, i could send it by registerd mail, it only cost $1 more. Let me know if any changes in address.

Complete "Ball in Swash" swashplate. @$9.90 shipped. Look here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/HB_B...1812353/tm.htm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11939.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	132584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60219.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	132585  
Old 05-15-2004, 02:07 PM
darksidedave

Default RE: CNC Aluminum Mast Collar @ $4.90

Will you ship a swashplate and mast coller for $13.80?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Hangerbearing

Dave: Hi Darkside,

Depending on your preferance on shipping, if you choose to ship by registered mail(which items can be tracked and refunded if lost) will take the total to $15.80.
OR
By non registered mail and its be just $14.80. Let me know which method u prefer. I'll ship it out once i get your reply. Thanx.

Jem
Old 05-15-2004, 10:42 PM
biggerswede

OK, nothing wrong about the price but I donĀ“t see the point in CNC. If you have access to a lathe or even a small drill press will do, 6 mm aluminum rod a 2 mm drill and a 3mm drill, even better a 2.9 mm drill and a 3 mm reamer and a 2.5 mm tap you can make a collar in less than 15 minutes including the time it takes me to find the stuff in my messy workshop.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Hangerbearing

Hi biggerswede,

Well its not too difficult as u've put it. This is just a hassle free way to those looking for a sure way to keep the mast in place. If anyone has a lath, i'd say go ahead and fabricate your own. its pretty fun too.

Im just sharing cheaper alternatives which serves the same purpose and work as well. I've been spending alot on this hobby i believe u know this and the shipping alone could add up to quite an amount. Most of the time its the shipping cost which discourage me from getting the item. varying from $5-$12 for small items like these make me think twice before i check out.

I guess whats most impt is that the product fulfill its intended purpose. Im just sharing cheaper alternatives. Hope u understand. Thanx for dropping the note.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:27 AM
biggerswede

Just for fun IĀ“ll forward a hint that I found about making a collar or anything where you have to drill into a circular surface. ItĀ“s amazingly accurate:
Chuck anything with a sharp centered point in the drill press. I use a short 1 mm center drill or the drill bit I intend to use for drilling if itĀ“s sharp and straight. Take a small piece of any thin and hard sheet metal and bring the drill bit down to hold the piece between the bit and your circular surface that you want to drill into. When the metal blade is level (perpendicular to the drill axis) your drill will pass right thrugh the center of your cylinder +/- .05 mm or so.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Hangerbearing

biggerswede: thanx for the tip. I guess that'll be a gd start for those who like to start their own collar project. Thanx for ure info. Now back to the thread...