Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hummingbird CP pitch setup

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hummingbird CP pitch setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 01:22 AM
cobalt135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hummingbird CP pitch setup

Hi all, I just purchased the HB collective pitch and for the most part have it set up. I have not had it off the ground more than an inch for a second or so but have done alot of scooting around trying to get it trimmed out a bit and get use to it. I have been out of RC for about two years but have only flown fixed wing so this is alot different although I understand alot of what is going on. Anyhow the kit came with a pitch gauge but the manual has no explanation on exactly hot to use it. I thought I would try to get some info here before sending an e-mail to Century. I would imagine you sight the number ticks up with the flybar but this just dont seem very exact at all. Plus you would have to get the flybar perfectly level for it to work as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40773.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	133545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75606.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	133546  
Old 05-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Jerrykl720

Default RE: Hummingbird CP pitch setup

Hi
U have to put the gauge close to the flybar to able to see the degree.

this web site will help u to setup the pitch and throlle.
http://www.helifever.com/modules.php...howpage&pid=14

jerry
Old 05-18-2004, 10:47 PM
cobalt135

heh, gauge close to the flybar, why didn't I think of that.

Thanks

Craig
Old 06-27-2004, 01:25 AM
kdyke

ORIGINAL: Jerrykl720

Hi
U have to put the gauge close to the flybar to able to see the degree.

this web site will help u to setup the pitch and throlle.
http://www.helifever.com/modules.php...howpage&pid=14

jerry
That link you posted seems to have gone dead. :-/

I'm also trying to get my new Hummingbird CP pitch set up correctly. The only thing mentioned is the 25mm from ball link center to the 'z' bend on the servo arms. It looks like at full throttle setting the swashplate is right at the maximum.

However, I can't seem to get the thing off the ground. I'm wondering if it's either a pitch/throttle mixing issue in the radio (right now I just have both the pitch and throttle curves set to completely linear), or if I need to increase the pitch on the blades via the top ball links on the rotor head (the same ones you use to adjust the blade tracking).

Any suggestions would be great. I'm finally getting comfortable with my other FP in the garage and I'm anxious to get the CP in the air as well.

-Ken
Old 06-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Tractors4u

If you set up your Hummingbird CP according to the manual it is probably set up wrong. The manual has some mistakes in it. I had to take mine back to the LHS and have them check it out. Here is a thread about the manual problems.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1901507/anchors_1901507/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1901507]Set up[/link]