Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

THIS FORUM.....

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

THIS FORUM.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 06:46 AM
F.A.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THIS FORUM.....

i think you guys all know each other or something...
i've tried to get info with 3 posts and only one person helped!
i thought this was for information and a helping hand in this hobby...!
i've seen theee most stupidist post's answered here!
think i may move to another forum.....................
Old 05-23-2004, 07:07 AM
bondy

Default RE: THIS FORUM.....

BooooooooHoooooooooooo
I,m new to this and this forum and everyone has been really helpfull and i don,t know anyone within this forum.Seems like all the regulars knowheaps about something,maybe even me .Whats your question dude.
BONDY
Old 05-23-2004, 10:52 AM
F.A.

well figured out most of the stuff myself and with the posts here!not saying anything bad,this place is woth it's bandwith in gold!..info is great considering LHS deals not with micro heli's.
well i did the last few mods on my HB. raised tail boom{10 degr.} like 90 blades,j250w/10pinion
red head stiffner..here's the problem,wont gain real altitude! spools up nice gets in GE alittle out here and there but thats it.mesh is fine batts are peak,CG is spot on! i am using stock piccolo pack,which i hear sucks REEEEEAAALLLLL BAD!...so maybe i should switch to ion-or lipo?
Old 05-23-2004, 02:14 PM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

First of aLL the "stupid" questions you talk about are probley much easier to find the problem and fix it.

Not all answeres will be here but sooner or later someone will point you in the right direction. Some post wont get responces either due to lack of knowledge about the subject or lack of time for the person that can answer it.

I would switch to lipo anyways. But On the red head stiffener....probley from hellihobby....I have heard bad things about that. I would give it a shot just with the stock head and see the difference. There are some things that can help the red head...like rubber bands to stop viberation and such. If you do a search I am sure you will find it.

Lipo are usually better anyways...less wieght for one......how much does your bird weigh? Is it chunky? lol
how old are the batteries?

hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:56 PM
yukonho

One more thing that will help you get out of GE is to use an 11 tooth pinion. Our recent tests have shown an 11 tooth helps a bunch. They are hard to get, so we have contracted a machinist to make a whole bunch of them for us. They will be supplied with our Johnsons for the hummingbird as soon as we get them in. Hopefully this week.
I must say, I read this forum daily and have not come across your questions. Obviously my eye goes right to any post that mentions like90 products, and especially when there is a problem with them. Sorry, I must have missed your posts.
co
Old 05-23-2004, 05:11 PM
F.A.

thanx yukonho! i guess i just got passed up inprior post's!...well like90 was a pleasure to deal with[chandler by the way]..got my stuff promptly..well she's back together and will test her now,unfortunatly with the stock pic pac.[:'(]....i have abunch of those j250 motors.should i stick with these or go brushless.only reason is because i could never get the altitude i got when stock.[sound;s reaaall dumb i know]..but i will give you guys the lowdown after test...and thanx again for all your guys help!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 09:01 PM
yukonho

I fly with the Johnson, it works great for me, only go brushless if you have the coin to blow. No question way more power with brushless. Try the 11 tooth pinion, it will make a noticeable difference. Put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bushing of the motor, it will help keep it running smoothly.
No other tricks I know of if your gear mesh is fine and your batteries are charged up. You might have a bum cell in the battery. My stock pack went tets up after about 15 charges.
co
Old 05-23-2004, 10:06 PM
F.A.

okay 2 cell thunder or e-tech [lipo]? i am running ics50-ics100-g410t HH-j250-edp50 DD.like90blades red head stiff.will the 2 cell be fine and will i have any premature motor burn outs or problems?
thanx..chip
Old 05-23-2004, 10:15 PM
yukonho

I have heard great things about the Thunder Power 1300. The etech is also a good choice, and so would the Kokam 1500.
You should have no problems with this setup. I dont fly for more than 10 minutes at a time to let the motor cool off, and mine has lasted months.
You could go 3 cell, but all guarantee's are off then. You will have heaps of power, but your motors will not last as long obviously.
co
Old 05-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Mhale71

ORIGINAL: FA
i've tried to get info with 3 posts and only one person helped!
we only say what we know, or would you prefer us to make up stuff?
Old 05-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Super-Hornet

Agree with Mhale71.

Some questions we can answer, we answer. Some we do not know the answer and hope for other to reply. That is why u will see some questions get answer pretty fast while other don't.

Super-Hornet
Old 05-24-2004, 12:31 AM
justin_92_92

I will give you soem feedback about the thunder 1300....I have it.. I just bought a 2100 in hopes it will be better then the 1300. I can get mabey 5 minutes of hovering out of the 1300 now. I have no friction and the gear is setup rite...I may have a bum charger though...I have the hobbico mkII pro series. I am not sure what to look for when I plug my multimeter into the meter ports but it says it is at around 10,6 volts when it is about done....funny cause my pack is a 7.4 volt...not sure whats up with that....the nimh packs my buddy charges on this charger say 11.3 or something and those are 8.4 volt battieries.....Not sure whats up with that.. I will let everyone know my findings on the 2100mah when it comes in. I also have a therey about what might help. I was thinking mabey 2 1300mah packs.....one for the main and one for the tail....I can lift the weight no problem...I put my heli on a diet when I went seperates.. I can get about a foot off the ground with my 1300mah pack and a aerohawk pack strapped on for the extra weight......and that extra pack weighs around 100 grams.. I guess I will have to do trial by error.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:20 AM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

If It weren't for the guys in this forum, I wouldn't even be an R/C Heli pilot! Thanks For all your Help Since I've started this hobby.......
Old 05-24-2004, 06:36 PM
F.A.

ORIGINAL: Mhale71

we only say what we know, or would you prefer us to make up stuff?
mhale71,i had really simple question on the post some time ago.flybar lenth on hummer.
but anyhow, i dont need stuff made up..maybe it came across wrong...but thus far my problems are slowly being fixed,by searching THIS forum,and the replies i got..i was a little frustrated since i could hover,side and nose in when stock! i went to separates and then ,well you know the roller coaster effect..so just trying to work out the mods,,thanx again guys..liftoff will be tonight so i will post a nrew thread with results...
chip...
Old 05-25-2004, 12:45 PM
quaker1

Probably a silly question but did you take the metal sleeve off the johnson motor, it effects the magnetic flux which effects the top end speed. Sorry if this is a silly question, dont want to insult your intelligence
Old 05-25-2004, 01:25 PM
F.A.

yea,took of the sleeve,oiled it was alittle better,got out of GE.then fell into it again at full throttle.
added some cylic at takeoff again and seemed to get up better,still goes back into GE.
i'm going to try stock blades for comparison,then another johnson[got 20 of them]..if not i may go brushless.but i am determined to make this work.
thanx
Old 05-25-2004, 05:24 PM
F.A.

sorry.the sleeve was taken before all this was going on,last post sounded like it was just removed.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:45 PM
justin_92_92

what are you using for esc? just curiouse.....and are they programmable? if so did you programm them? I would like to hear results with stock blades on it.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:22 AM
F.A.

ics 50 tail ics 100 mainj250...hate to say it but it hovers under 1/2 throttle with stock, blades trimmed!!!
why do the like 90 not work?!
i mean instant diffrence,i jammed throttle and bam! hover-up...
input please!!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:07 AM
justin_92_92

pinion gear.......and batteries......thats the reason
Old 05-26-2004, 07:11 PM
F.A.

justin,check my new thread this one is [ithink] results and setup on new thread...how do you upload pics?email me so we dont clog up the forum....
thanx in advance,,chip