Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

need help finding lipo for shogun/zoom 400

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

need help finding lipo for shogun/zoom 400

Old 05-28-2004, 09:45 PM
watt_the!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding lipo for shogun/zoom 400

Hi All,

I've been searching for a lipo 3s pack around 1500mah and at least 6C for the shogun, that will fit into the battery tray.

Now i know there is a battery tray extender i can get...cool, i'll probably get that...but....

i am having trouble finding a pack that has dimensions around 55 x 30 x 32 mm or 2-1/4 x 1-1/5 x 1-1/4

i dont want to have to make any mods to fit it, and the other packs i have for my planes wont fit.

another question, i intend to use the stock 400 motor at least until i am unhappy with it, then go for the himax.

in the mean time, i am wondering what current the speed 400 draws?

at full throttle.

also, i'd be interested to hear from anyone who has hte stock setup for comments please.

any links to battery packs to suit would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Tim.

oh, ps. when i goto the himax 2025-4200, what current are people getting for full throttle draw on that setup? ideally i dont want to have to buy new battery pack just coz i change motor.

i'm thinking that i might need a 10C pack or so?
Old 05-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Tucson01
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: need help finding lipo for shogun/zoom 400

I purchased 2 kokam 1500hc 3s 8 C pack from Towerhobbies $37 each and used a $5 coupon code ended up paying $35 each. Most shops sell these for $50

I believe you have to unwrap the leads as they are under the Shrik Wrap on one side of the pack but they will fit. I havent
got to it yet I just received them today.

Towerhobbies has some of the best prices for Servos also $16 for hs-55's.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:42 AM
watt_the!

Default RE: need help finding lipo for shogun/zoom 400

Thanks for the reply...i was kinda hoping that i could get something that would fit...off the shelf...as i intend to use it in other aircraft as well.

I just recieved the hs56-bb servos...but funilly enough, they dont fit (drop in) and this isnt mentioned anywhere in the manual..... i mean they fit, but so did my other cheaper servos. the only linkage that benefits is the pitch control....sigh...

just the same, thanks again for the reply!

Tim.