Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly 22D i Need Help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonfly 22D i Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:33 PM
cgc419

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragonfly 22D i Need Help

As a beginner with helis myself thought I'll post my experiences with the 22d. I bought mine off EBAY from BIRDDOG DISTRIBUTING in Montana(135$ shipped in 3 days). I am no pro with these toys at all and wanted something cheap and decent to learn on. This fellow Josh must do a good job setting up as I have not had to do any adjusting to the servos/receiver board, only fine tuning on the Transmitter. The only problem mine had setup wise was the main drive gear was not aligned to the driveshaft to the tail rotor, this caused the heli to spin(seems common problem) as the main gear would spin without contacting and sending power thru driveshaft to the rear rotor. I aligned the main gear and instantly the spinning stopped requiring only fine tuning of the emperrage on the transmitter. If when you first receive it you can spin you main rotor by hand and the tail rotor doesn't move, I would check this. All in all I am rather happy with this heli as I was able to get it to hover( albeit for less than 30 seconds) on my first night ever flying. My friend purchase a Venom heli Nightraider that is more poorly made( 2 motors, rear motor already burnt, skids broke, etc) and he paid over $190 for it. This dragonfly 22d is about the best buy you can get for a beginner helicopter, I would recommend it to anyone who is new to the sport and doesn't want to spend arm/leg for a great heli. My 2 cents.
P.S.- the charger that comes with it is crap, burnt out after one charge and is dead as cofirmed with D-mulitimeter, be prepared to purchase a better charger.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Hover Dude

hi all i have just shreded my third main gear. how on earth can i prevent this, because this is really bugging me. thanx
hover dude
Old 02-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Flyer88

How about looking at a main gear with a one way clutch.

I heard they are suppost to help a bit and they produce a more stable flight, because they don't jerk the heli around on decelleration .

Tuscany
Old 02-28-2005, 01:33 AM
cgc419

Does anyone know what size/how many teeth the stock main gear has? I wonder because mine is getting worn quick too and I might try one off the hornet 2 and see if it lasts longer. I believe it said the hornet 2 main gear was 180teeth/30teeth.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Cautrell05

On my 22D I used the MS oneway clutch and gear. The MS gear is just a little bit smaller than the dragonfly gear but it works. The main reason I got the oneway was to save tail gears during crashes. But it is a direct fit.
Nick
Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Harstahl987

Where is oline a main gear for dragonfly 22d?