Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

any options in "toy" helos for a kid

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

any options in "toy" helos for a kid

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 01:52 PM
waynegrauel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any options in "toy" helos for a kid

Hi, I am toying with the idea of getting my 10 year old an inexpensive heli for christmas.
you know... one of the "toy choppers"

just wondering if there is anything out there relatiely inexpensive that would offer him some fun and not be a pain in the tail if something breaks... (like getting a replacement part) perhaps even a teatherd bird???

forget it.. he's not getting a humming bird or eco... etc...

if any such machine does exist?... any help on where to find it?

personally I'm waiting for a corona or a logo... but that's for dad!

Thanks
Wayne
Old 12-10-2004, 02:04 PM
DARKFLY

Default RE: any options in "toy" helos for a kid

i saw one this morning on one of those shop at home channels check there i think it was about 65 bucks rtf sorry i dont have any more info
Old 12-10-2004, 02:28 PM
PencilShavings

look in to the 'blackhawk vectron' they sell for around $70, i think they have them at www.towerhobbies.com its a disk with 3 motors and props, and the whole thing spins, it is teathered. it has forward, backward, side to side, and up and down control, but NO tail control (there isnt a tail). personally i think it flys pretty well, and is similar to an electric heli. they're a lot of fun, and take quite the beating. my friend has one, and we hit all kinds of stuff while flying 'under the influence'...good times, anyway, theyre great.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:59 PM
waynegrauel

Hey... now that is cool... that goes on the list of serious possibilities!

Thanks
Wayne
Old 12-10-2004, 04:17 PM
tnd2000

You should get a bladerunner. Cheapest I found was $49.99 at BJs. Unfortunately my neiborhood BJ had them in stock for only 2 weeks. I've seen those on ebay as well but they costs much more. The bladerunner is extremely stable and safe around the kids. I flew it with my 4 year old watching, jumping over, running under it. My wife even tried it and she ran it into the walls a few times. No damage. The rings around the rotors protected the blades and nearby flesh. For comparason, I also own a honeybee and xrb dragonfly.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:02 AM
DARKFLY

thats the one the blade runner on the home shopping network is 69.95 and they have them in stock. they are not tethered and have a seven min flight time much more fun.