Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

5LRC 2cell Li Poly for esky

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

5LRC 2cell Li Poly for esky

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:48 PM
arickatz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5LRC 2cell Li Poly for esky

i have a 4 ch esky that comes with a 8.4 V 600 mah battery i bought a 5LRC 2cell Li Poly = 7.4v li-ploy 2200Mah

can i use it with my 4 ch esky? would it damage my motors?
Old 12-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Thunderbirded

Default RE: 5LRC 2cell Li Poly for esky

2200Mah?

try checking the motor rating (it should be labeled on the motor) in order to find out what amperage the motor is rated for

i wouldn't buy a battery with an amperage any more than 200Mah higher than the rating on the motor
Old 12-23-2004, 03:24 PM
rhinocat

NO, it will not hurt your motor. The only possible problems are, the lower voltage will give you less head speed at the top end, and if the battery weights more than the stock one the helicopter's performance will suffer. Think of the mah rating as the size of your "gas tank" the higher the number the more flight time you will get. Over voltage, over load, and over heat are the only things that will hurt your motor.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:09 PM
tanasit

rhinocat is correct: the higher amperage has nothing to do with the damages but in fact we are always looking for the higest amp with less weight for the longest possible flight. The other number that is somewhat harder to see is the amp used by the motor when combined with particular drive unit, for example the stock 300 size motor may require 5Amp when attached to a 8x5 prop, but will need say 8 Amp when used with 9x7 prop, then in this case you will want the battery that can put out at least 5 Amp for your 8x5 prop or 8 Amp for the larger 9x7 prop. That's why the gear drive is so popular because if we use the same sample above but with say 4:1 gear ratio and 10x4 prop, it may need only 3 Amp to operate and get the same or more power as direct drive.
Lower voltage = lower power, so if the motor is rated 7.2V (300 size motor has 2 rating: 6V and 7.2V for example), you can still use 3cell lithium which is 11.1V but at the risk of burning the motor too soon, especially with direct drive.
Higher Amp battery = more duration, but it gets heavier.