Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hacker Brushless pinion problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hacker Brushless pinion problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Ozydego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker Brushless pinion problem

I got a hacker brushless upgrade for christmas and got a pinion to match the motor. When I got my motor and pinion I test fitted the two and they are the right size, but its not a tight fit... The pinion slides right back off. The thing is there is no slop between the post and gear so it seems I have the correct pinion. My question is, Does anybody have a tip for shimming a pinion gear... to keep it on the post. I don't know what would be the best route, CA, loctight, solder, or something like a piece of foil wrapped to increase the diameter. I want to do it right the first time, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Dylwad
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Hacker Brushless pinion problem

Use green loctite #638 i get mine from www.azarr.com $1 for 3 little tubes. clean the motor shaft and inside the pinion, smear some loctite on both and push the pinion on, making sure its in the right position, and let it dry for a few hours. the 638 loctite is for retaining rotating parts, the red and blue might work, but they are more for locking bolts in place.

if you need to get the pinion back off, heat it up with a lighter and gently pull it off with a pair of pliers.

This is the correct way to install a slip fit pinion.

Also loctite is anerobic, meaning it only cures in absense of oxygen, so any loctite left outside the gap will not cure, this is normal and doesnt mean the loctite hasnt cured yet.

Dylan
Old 01-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Ozydego

Default RE: Hacker Brushless pinion problem

Awesome, that answers all my questions, thank you for your time and expertise. Happy Flying!