Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hirobo XRB PICS!!! and build info.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hirobo XRB PICS!!! and build info.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:50 PM
PaveLow58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo XRB PICS!!! and build info.

Hirobo Part #0301-004 is the Hirobo XRB Upper Rotor Head Assembly.

We say "Assembly" because you will probably have to buy the entire assembly for USD$12.00+ and not just the component piece that you have broken.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=24_52

Can it be glued with CA?

Incidentally, if I was to give a name to the specific part that you highlighted based on the components of a real rotor-head... I might call it a pitch hinge or maybe just a grip.

http://www.aircav.com/cobra/mrparts1.html#grips
Old 03-01-2006, 02:04 PM
iuseyew
My Feedback: (5)

i figured as much after looking at the parts that rick has for sale on his website! thank you for the info i wasnt sure if i could get lucky enough to just a single part! it could probably be glued however im about to sell my heli and i want it in the best condition when it goes to the buyer. again thanks for the quick help!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blade grip
Old 03-03-2006, 02:27 AM
flying-llama

Hello,

I have a question on the tethered version of the XRB.
I am trying to find out its power requirements (voltage, amperage, wattage).
I am wondering if somebody can look at the power supply for a tethered version and tell
me what the Voltage, Amperage, Wattage is on the output (low voltage) side of this power supply.
Thanks.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:19 PM
iuseyew
My Feedback: (5)

(rightflyer, i dont recall ever seeing an answer to your question) has any one tried the lama2 blades for the XRB? or are there any other blades that are interchangeable?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:53 PM
figgyscott

I am totally new owner/operator of anything remote-controlled, but after *years* of lusting after either an r/c car or helicopter, I finally indulged and got an XRB SR and the Real Flight computer simulator this past Thursday. I love both and initially told myself to only use the simulator until I get "good" at flying. That lasted a whole 16 hours .

So far I have not broken any blades (been real careful in my living room), but I guess I had one too many hard bumps on the way down, because I just broke one leg on the skid, right behind (closer to the helicopter) than where the optional back stabilizer/support bar attaches. It is currently sitting on a shelf (away from the cats), glued back together to set overnight/tomorrow. Has anyone else broken part of the skid, and just in case I break another part of it, how difficult is it to replace the whole thing? It looks like the hardest part would be taking off the main gear wheel (part # 0301-045).

And of course I canceled my health/sport club membership about a month ago. They have indoor tennis courts which would have been a *perfect* place to fly. Hrmph - guess I got to find somewhere else.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:24 PM
RockoF613

Once again, this is the most useful thread going. Anyone see a battery issue where the charger displays flashing red (error) and no juice to the heli? I had not had a chance to fly in several (~8) weeks and changed the battery 2x during this lapse. When I went to (finally) get to flying again, no power to the XRB. In an attempt to charge it, the charger only displays the error. The batter has always been kept in a cool, dark place. Any thoughts before I have to bite it for a new battery?

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:16 AM
flying-llama

ORIGINAL: figgyscott

I am totally new owner/operator of anything remote-controlled, but after *years* of lusting after either an r/c car or helicopter, I finally indulged and got an XRB SR and the Real Flight computer simulator this past Thursday. I love both and initially told myself to only use the simulator until I get "good" at flying. That lasted a whole 16 hours .
I am also a newbie, although in my case, I got an E-sky lama2 instead of an XRB SR. Like one of the reviews on the lama2, I find the lama2 much easier to control than any of the helicopters in my flight simulator.

Admittedly, I have been adding 1-2 ounces in wood sticks to the landing skids to make my lama2 much more stable. I also did the computer version of that to helicopters in the simulator, but it did not help nearly as much (I still got the simulator's helicopters to swing like wild pendulums until I went through "Radd's" instructions on learning to fly a model helicopter).
Old 03-09-2006, 05:04 PM
oily79

Hi Rocko, do you unplug the battery after you have finished a flying session as with some setups even though the main switch
is turned off the unit can still drain the battery past a safe level and when you go to charge it the charger says there is a fault
by flashing red.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:42 PM
GizmoWizard

Adjustments For Advanced Pilots

There are several different adjustments in the manual for increasing the sensitivity of the XRB.
Does anyone know which one is the next step up from the stock settings (i.e. provides the smallest increase in sensitivity)?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Wildjones

Not sure, I did them all at once though im sure switching the paddles wouldnt make too much of a difference, its changing the linkage that conects to the flybar...Making it connect to the chorter side really made it more responsive in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:37 AM
RockoF613

I typically disconnect the battery when charging complete. In this case, I unplugged the charger from the wall but did not disconnect the batter - not sure if the charger drains a bit. The battery is showing quite a low charge and am trying to get some juice into it so the charge will accept it later. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:33 PM
C62dy

The landing gear is easy to remove without taking off the main gear. The gear will bend out of the way once you have taken out the 6 screws that hold it in. I find it better to wrap the broken joint in the landing gear with some fiberglass cloth and thick ca once you have glued it back together. It holds up better but you have to take your time to make it look good.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:54 PM
flying-llama

ORIGINAL: RockoF613

I typically disconnect the battery when charging complete. In this case, I unplugged the charger from the wall but did not disconnect the batter - not sure if the charger drains a bit. ....
It seems to on my laptop computer
Old 03-29-2006, 02:18 PM
jhunter68

Anyone know what the name of the battery connector Hirobo is using on this bird and where you can find them. Obviously Ricky Blaze knows where to find them. THey look like the typical white connector found on most lipos (often in combination with the red connector), but the Hirobo has the separate plastic prongs.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:25 AM
josefmd
My Feedback: (24)

Hi,

I just bought a used Hirbro XRB and was wondering if anyone has used the Housefly blades. I know the guy I bought it from has the foam replacement blades, but it seems these aren't the best thing. I guess I plan on using the tape the blade method for the time being. Hopefully I will be able to tweak it to fly allright.

Matt
Old 04-04-2006, 04:26 PM
jhunter68

I can't speak from experience, because my blades have not arrived yet, but it is my understanding that you can use blades for the housefly, dragonfy 5-4, Esky lama, and possibly the blade cx. Basically any of the cross rotation helis so long as they are basically the same rotor diameter (350mm). Keeping in mind that the XRB is designed so that the blades will break in a crash/strike w/o damaging the helicopter shaft, or control arms, or blade clamps. When you put on the stronger blades....if they don't break something else may. You know the whole weak link theory.

Also Walkera/dragonfly has a new xrb model 10 that is larger. I've heard those blades do not fit as they are too large.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
krisma

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

flyfalcons:

unrelated question, is your avatar of a CRJ-200. A little hard to tell from the underside.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:44 PM
psychorevo

noob question:

What is the most optimal way for Lith batteries to last:

Store with full charge or fully discharge after use.

I get confused with Ni Mh.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:58 AM
martinmarty

Full charge. It hurts them if they are allowed to become discharged below a certain point.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:22 PM
lupine

Hi all, I'm a first time flier who just got my hands on an xrb-sr. I have been using the included transmitter and noticed that it has a jack for a power adapter. I can't find any information about what the power requirements are for the transmitter, and I was wondering if any of you might know what they are? I haven't been able to find anyone who sells the adapter so I was hoping to buy a generic one.

This thread has been very helpful for me, thanks!!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:59 PM
flying-llama

I just got a tethered XRB earlier this month.

Whenever I first start flying it, it will fly for a minute or so before becoming uncontrollable
(typically the rudder gets uncontrollable).
I repeat this several times.
Then afterwords, it becomes quite stable and flyable for quite a while (several minutes, maybe more).
It takes longer for the XRB to be stable and flyable if I take it
from a 75 degree F room and fly it in a 35-55 degree F porch.

Is there a fix for this?
Maybe this is due to a need to warm-up the XRB (or let it get used to porch temperatures)?

A secondary issue is that the altitude can bounce quite a bit, and sometimes response to cyclic changes can be quite slow.
Perhaps this is due to drafts or rotor down-wash.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:32 PM
psychorevo

Awesome thread.

Thanks again.

I keep going back to it.

I'm trying to no be a noob with helis anymore.

I'm a nitro 4WD monster truck king but a total noob stick when it comes to helis.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 AM
psychorevo

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BUMP BABY!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 AM
woodymaxx
My Feedback: (4)

I saw a while back that there where bringing out some new bodys for the xrbs. anymore word on that? are they for sale yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.