Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

How do you contact Helihobby????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

How do you contact Helihobby????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Donnie7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you contact Helihobby????

I have tried for days to contact Helihobby. E-mail, phone, no luck. Anyone have a backdoor number or something?? I have recieved 2 orders (form helihobby) since I ordered my Corona120 over a week ago. It wasn't backordered. It seems to be just sitting there. They ship everything promptly but helicopters. I don't like the fact that there is no customer service!!! They have no way to be contacted and that bothers me.
Please help
Donnie
Old 03-18-2005, 08:51 PM
avi8er

Default RE: How do you contact Helihobby????

I had a problem with a part I ordered from them one time. I went through the whole email and wait, call and leave a message thing. I contacted then at least a dozen times in a month with no reply. It took me ten minutes at the local hobby shop to fix my problem with minimal money out of pocket. My vote is Hellihobby is not worth the trouble. Haven't used 'em since.[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 03-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Donnie7

Does anyone know where to buy a corona120. I think I am giving up on Helihobby.
Donnie
Old 03-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I don't understand the problem I contact them all the time in fact I talked with Nikki yesterday when I ordered a new canopy for my Voyager I don't have trouble ever getting through to them sometimes I have to call couple times during the day but eventually I get through,they just don't sit around waiting for people to call they have a store to run also but I have found out that most of the people on this forum bad mouth places when they don't get that business to jump through hoops like they think they should.Also if you read their website it will tell you when they do phone business and the days that they answer E-mails so I think that maybe a little investigation of these times will reap some benefit.Also you can PM femaleflier or e-male her this is one that works at Helihobby.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 PM
chronus

Its hit and miss with helihobby,when they are good they are very,very good but when they are bad they are wicked!.your not alone,been there done that still keep seeing the complaints.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Donnie7

Hello Moe,
I have tried for two days. All day today. I knew ther must be a backdoor. Thats pretty lame if you ask me on how to provide customer service. You are saying I have to PM femaleflier to get through. I will try. Thats still not telling me her PM e-mail address. Thanks, Its a start. If you can give me another clue I would be thankfull.
Donnie
Old 03-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Donnie7

Moe,
Is it [email protected]??????
Please help
Donnie
Old 03-19-2005, 08:51 AM
fireplug1111
My Feedback: (21)

DONNIE:

I ordered a shogun from them. I got it like two days later. AWESOME delivery time. However it was damaged so I called and told them the problem they said they would send a new part. It keeps me from flying the mast was bent. That was back in December. Its now mid March and still no part. I called maybe 10 times with more e mails. NO REPLY. I done as James (AVI8ER) did I went to my local hobby shop and got the 8 dollar part.

They lost my business, There are to many good dealers out there, I dont need to screw around with this kind of crap.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I am not telling you to do anything I only said that I have no problems contacting them I sometimes have to call five times to get them to answer but I also don't rely on just talking with anyone I talk with people in charge there I have heard this anti helihobby crap for such a long time and turns out most are just a bunch of impatient whiners so I don't bother with helping them any longer about one out of ten have a legit complaint most are just whiners.As for Femaleflier just look her up and e-mail her you can get it here on RCU,I am out of here I cannot stand this.[:'(]
Old 03-19-2005, 05:08 PM
chronus

Hmmm fair enough some are whinners but you got to admit helihobby bring out the whinners thats for sure.
No excuse in my book.helihobby has a bad overall service,it just cant be ignored.
helihobby has to be the most frequently complained about supplier on the net in my experience on every forum.
My advice is dont buy their cnc parts and if you have to order from them wait for email confrimation of all parts in stock that you ordered before paying otherwise you will be trapped in to half a set up and time waiting for the rest when you could have bough it somewhere lese in half the time.
I think its par for the course now for anyone to find this info on helihobby and to take the risk on their own back if they get stung.
I,m sure there are plenty of happy customers but just to many unhappy ones for me to consider buying from them again.
I been trying to buy parts from them for two months this time but i cant get answers to my questions so have bought nothing from them.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:32 PM
avi8er

I don't feel it is whining if there is a legitimate complaint and I can say that I exhausted the system. I ordered a one way fly wheel gear for a Humingbird and when I got it the flywheel was drilled crooked. It wobbled about 3/4". I emailed them with the information and was even willing to pay for shipping again, no response. After a week I wrote again, and after that I wrote a couple more emails more frequently. I tried calling repeatedly and never got an answer. Ultimately I had to go buy a stock fly wheel and drill it out myself. I don't think that this is a case of "whining".
Old 03-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Pathogens
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

I have no idea why so many people keep going back to this lousely business..

Guys.. people keep getting burned and keep getting burned from this company..

Lets put them out of business huh?
Old 03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
marcelg

As i see is a shop to forget.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Donnie7

I finally got ahold of helihobby. The girl was real nice as I was biting my tonge. There was a mix up on backorders and they didn't get in what they expected so they swept it under the carpet. (like I wouldn't notice) After sorry's and so on they changed my order and it will ship tomorow. (we'll see).

It seems you have to get lucky with calling the number. Keep trying. Forget the e-mails and recordings.
Donnie
Old 03-21-2005, 08:31 PM
hikscub

What we are seeing here is a bunch of folks who have had bad Helihobby experiences getting together and telling others they don't like their service. It's not whining - it's letting others know of the problem so they don't get burned either.

So, here and in other forums I've seen about 10 folks blasting Helihobby. I've seen 2 say they are ok. Folks with really good experience tend to tell their friends, folks with really bad experience tend to tell friends and anyone else who'll listen - like forums. Folks who are in the middle don't say much at all.

Bottom line Helihobby is loosing and that's a good thing. If they want to compete against heliproz, modefo, rchover, fxaeromodels, deeteeenterprises, etc. they are going to have to do a lot better. That's capitalism.

So, I say keep the complaints coming. Keeps others from being burned and maybe eventually Helihobby fixes themselves which is good for them and everyone else.

Myself, I've had ok experience with them. Fast shipping, ok prices (not great), and tons of aftermarket stuff - things I don't see elsewhere. I have had bad experience too - screwed up CNC part, bad or exaggerated recommendations, and a screwed up order. I remember the bad things much more over the good. I especially remember how their !QUOT!indestructible!QUOT! Shogun main shaft twisted up like the Al one - price $18. Not cool especially when the stock hardened shaft which really is hard can be had for less than $10 at heliproz.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:40 AM
rctradertwo

i have been using helihobby for about 6 months now and have put in about 10 orders and i am really happy with their service. i do admit that the phone service needs a lot of help. i called about 30 times over a 3 day period but when i did get a hold of them they were awesome and helpful so i think they have a hard time dealing with the volume and need to hire some more people and get several phone lines. but when i order something online it comes within 3-4 days and usually is dead on what i want.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:19 PM
SAPFLY

I E-mailed Helihobby with a question about if a part would work for my heli. It's been a month now, I just gave up and ordered the part and made it work.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:03 PM
pgitta
My Feedback: (3)

In my opinion the only thing that keeps Helihobby in business is their first rate website. Nice large pictures and easy navigation.

Heliproz has the great service, but their site looks like a kid did it with MS Wordpad and CuteFTP. Looks stone-age in comparison.

Imagine their business increase if they had a site like Helihobby?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:16 PM
mdttb
My Feedback: (4)

You know if I was to pay a couple of hundred dollars for a heli or a low ball priced item and I didn't receive it I'd sure be whinning about it !

A few bucks I'll shrug it off as a loss but when it's a couple of hundred dollars there's no excuse for them not to notify people of a problem. I run a online business, if there's a problem with a order I call that person and inform them there's a problem.

I've never really had a problem with them and always got what I ordered tho some of the parts needed to be worked on to get them to work properly. I no longer order from them for other reasons.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Happy|Harry

they sold me a set of blades that wont even fit the heli they are intended for, and i've yet to receive a reply from several emails. selling products that are not fit for there intended purpose is internet fraud!

phil
Old 04-26-2005, 05:47 PM
rcgrinch
My Feedback: (69)

you do know that negitive gossip travles faster than acurate truth.
i have been flying my t-rex for weeks now,got it from helihobby. it came with a CNC aluminum swashplate. after 2 weeks the swashplate chewed its self up(medal shavings left inside the race ball housing) Helihobby is sending me a new swashplate. all i need to do is send the old one back.

i think people need to remember that helihobby is one of the bigger online and retail stores for our hobby, i am sure they have their hands full.

The customer is always rite!!!! remember that???? with online ordering and phone sales, i think that went rite out the window!!
kill them with kindness, and you might get what you want!!

Da grinch
Old 04-26-2005, 06:19 PM
streif

They do seem to do a pretty good volume - so this forum may not be a good gauge.

I myself have benefitted greatly from HeliHobby's web site, so I felt like I wanted to give them some business. So far just minor stuff, but very fast and accurate. I had a miserable (first and last) experience with FX Aeromodels, so I gave HeliHobby a try.