Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

T-rex wont lift off

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

T-rex wont lift off

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:38 PM
woosh
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-rex wont lift off

my t-rex wont lift off the ground. I had to replace the chillipepper cp20 motor with a Align 400LF 2500kv. My chillipepper would get it off the ground but the Align motor will not even come close to lifting it off with a 15T pinion. I have a TP 3s 2100 battery and I am wondering if it is to heavy for this motor, also at full throttle my pitch is set a 10degrees. I need help, thinking about giving up on electric helis totally.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:44 PM
AeroSports
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: T-rex wont lift off

which ESC are you using? the 400LF has more power than you know what to do with. I wonder what went wrong. give us more on your setup and will try to find out for you.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:13 AM
woosh

Castle creations PX25, I had to replace the motor because I stripped out the mounting threads and when I bought the larger size screws for the bigger mounting holes, put it all back together and the motor just sat there and twiched a little. Gave the motor a spin with my fingure and it spun just a little at full throttle. I think I damaged the windings inside the motor because the screws where longer than stock size. Is it possible that I damaged the ESC by having it hooked up to a possibly damaged motor.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:46 AM
AeroSports
My Feedback: (3)

the winding in the align motor are way deep from the mounting hols and should clear the screw unless you had really long ones. However, you might have block the rotor. Try to remove the motor from the heli and start it up. if it still won't turn over, then you have to borrow a good set of motor and speed controller to isolate the problem, well, assuming that the battery is good.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:43 AM
woosh

my align motor spins fine, it was the chilli pepper that I had the problem with the mounting screws therefore I am thinking I may have damaged my ESC having it hooked up to a possibly damaged motor. One thing I did notice is when I hook up the battery the red light comes on bright and goes out, as I run the throttle up the light barely comes on and at full throttle it is very dim.