Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

XBR HELP TAIL

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:50 PM
firestat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XBR HELP TAIL

Is there any fix to the tail? I have broken two of them beyond gluing back together and was wondering if there is anything in the after market arena. Be nice to have something in CF. Thanks, guys.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:37 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: XBR HELP TAIL

Certainly.

The XRB doesnt have a tail rotor, so you can pretty much replace it with anything you want. Or even leave it off all together.

The easiest way to make a new tail boom for it is simply goto wal-mart. Buy a Carbon fiber hunting arrow. Strip all the fins off of it, but leave the nock on. Now cut it to length using a dremel tool. Hotglue it to the heli in the appropriate position. Use a small piece of depron to make a tail fin. and CA it into the slot in the nock to hold it in position. Decorate as you like.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
firestat

That's cool. I really meant boom, not tail. Great idea, you obviously have done this before. Someone told me you could take a wire, run it out there and that would work too. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:08 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Yup, I've pretty much completely converted my XRB to look like a regular rc heli. I replaced the canopy with one off a mini dragonfly, removed the tail boom and changed it out for the carbon fiber one.

Carbon works better than music wire...its lighter.

Ive been looking for a plastic Apache heli model that I can modify to use as a fuselage for the XRB. Havent found one in the right scale yet though.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Cummins

Yeah, I would love a decent scale indoor electric heli.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:44 PM
warren52nz

I had the same problem and I also determind hat some random, uncontrolable spinning was caused by the broken tail boom vibrating and confusing the gyro.

I replaced mine by cutting off all of the plastic rods from the plastic mounting assembly and gluing in 3 lengths of 1.5mm carbon fibre rod I got from a kite shop. Then I taped and glued the three rods together at the back and ran the antenna wire under the tape.

This is the only photo I can find showing it. Hopefully you get the idea. Now I can pick it up by the tail and swing it around, no problem. I used hot glue at the front, no less!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90469.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	265687  
Old 01-01-2006, 12:12 PM
iuseyew
My Feedback: (5)

I have been looking to try somthing like this.. how long do you cut the carbon arrow? is there an easier way to mount it other than hot gluing it to the back somehow which i am unsure as to how to do. the other carbon rods are also a great idea and maybe easier to hot glue i guess to the old base of my truss? im new to this any extra help like some pics up close would be greatful!!