Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Beginner Helicopters

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Beginner Helicopters

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:28 PM
MaxHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner Helicopters

Do you guys have any suggestions on an easy beginner heli?

I would like it to be RTF or close to it and a resonable price
Old 05-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Hover259
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Beginner Helicopters

I would probably go with the Housefly for indoor or the T-rex for outdoor. Hope this helps.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:09 AM
oops

For a beginner?

I'd recommend the Walkera 4.

They don't get much cheaper, are difficult to fly (so are challenging), can be flown indoors in as little as 2 vertical cubic metres of space, and come with a sim cable so you can use FMS. Also, you will probably need to replace the servo's, but that still makes it good value.

They also take a lot of damage and are cheap and easy to fix. There is not a single part on my Walkera 4 that is not now broken, and it still flies... That's right, EACH AND EVERY PIECE has damage!

I only just now ordered a new chassis for mine, and now have 2 other Heli's... I wish the Walkera 4 was my first choice, rather than my second.

It's one of the few Heli's that nearly everyone stocks common components for, and that you can teach yourself to fly from scratch.

See the other Walkera 4 threads in this forum.

Yeah, most of us that have them love them... Even if we have other better ones.

Best of all - cheap. About US$100 for the complete RTF and about US$40 for new servos. You might even get away with the original servos for a while.

Then you can save up for a better one while learning to fly !

Anyway, that's my opinion

Regards
David
Old 05-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Shard

Just beware that price is not the best weighting factor on which heli to chose. Quite a few people had problems with the Walkera heli but few had good luck with them... just search these forums for DF, HB, JABO, Aerohawk and such to see the reviews. Oh and Trex is definitely NOT a RTF and not cheap ($$). I would however say that Trex, when set up properly, is a great beginner heli and it doesn't require any mods to get it flying well (most of those other RTF kits will require you to purchase upgrades). I learned on a sim and Jabo II and loved it (but on the other hand I enjoy tinkering) :-)
Old 05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
warren52nz

I agree with Hover259. That's the way I went.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Nojoy

I bought a Hirobo XRB tetherless heli from Heliproz. This is a fantastic heli for new pilots! Very stable and easy to hover. I am very happy with my purchase, and was impressed with the quality of this Hirobo product. Paid $300.00-free S&H.
I have now stepped up to the Raptor 30. [8D]
Old 05-19-2005, 09:51 PM
GroundMagnet

I went the SIM and TRex, I did the SIM for a couple of months and over the course of those months I got the TRex and all the other parts and built it. I was able to hover nose in the first pack. If it’s built right it’s very stable and parts are cheap. You’ll still crash but you'll get to know it very well. I’ve found if I don’t try to get ahead of my self to much I can go long times between them.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Tony
Old 05-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Donnie7

I went with the Hirobo XRB for indoors and the corona120 for outdoors. No regrets. Great beginner setup.
Donnie