Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Blade Vs Honey Bee CP/2

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blade Vs Honey Bee CP/2

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Heliguy1024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade Vs Honey Bee CP/2

I've also been debating for a couple weeks now about the HBCP2 and the Blade CP. Im fairly new at flying heli's, have a Dragonfly 5 and 10 which both are easy now for me to control. Getting about 20 flights a week in. I have been intrested in getting a heli with more responce since the XRB's cant handle much wind and are not the most responsive. I was set on the Blade but after reading the comments above Im leaning towards the HB2 for responsiveness and less maintenance upfront with the sticky collective issue. Is the diffrence in responsiveness with HBCP2 a big one. Also Im curious if eflights motor(EFLH1110D) thats designed for the 2cell 7.4V packs would work on the ESKY HBCP2, I have alot of 2 cell packs and would prefer to use them rather then go with the 3cell 11V packs included standard with the HBCP2 and the flight enhancement pack for the Blade. Im also curious about inverted flight and how hard it is to master. I imagine in a full loop you would have to switch thrust to full reverse to maintain altitude. Any good discussions online regarding mastering 3D Heli techniques? Thanks all.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:56 PM
helidreamer-RCU

I have the HBCP2 and I like it. I think it is better than the blade in everything except these two things : 1. I don't like the frequent interference that I'm getting and my friends blade isn't (perhaps its my frequency). 2. Horizon Hobby's customer service is far better than E Sky (I don't know whether E Sky even has a customer service). In anything else, the HBCP2 is either equal or better than the blade.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Gus Styles

I have the HBCP2 and all in all it was a good purchase.

However, consider the following before deciding which heli to buy:

-The HBCP2 manuals are very poorly written and almost require the reader to use a poor japaneese accent to actually understand.

-The charger for the Li-Po failed after the first use which explains the warnings about using it. (tinkering can get it working again.

-For beginners like me its a great heli to learn on if it is perfectly tweaked. I can not stress this enough, read each manual twice, then spend a couple hours tuning it first. It can fly great. Otherwise you may think that it is way harder then the G3 sim( its not).

Keep tweaking and its great, ask your local hobby store for help if need be.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:06 AM
pmfmod

I have a honey bee CP2 and blade CP too. honey bee CP2 is exactly the same as the blade CP, except the honey Bee CP2 has a raptor head which i really like.

also honey bee flys on lipo while blade cp flies on nicad. some people said they have no problem flying on nicad but why using yesterday technology when you can use today's technology.

also honey bee is much cheaper you can buy on ebay or hong kong websites for like 170usd RTF.

Blade cp is rebagged heli from Horizon Hobby and they are just ripping off money from customers for their SERVICE. You can check it out this website www.helidirect.com they have quite a lot of honey Bee and the price is good plus they give free landing gear which is great., I wish i could wait for them to get this kit, it was too late though

Old 11-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Heliguy1024

Im back toward the HBCP2 again, I have a Thunder Power charger so Im not worried about the cheap charger that comes with the unit. I would like to find a local expert in my area that can give me some good tweaking tips, some of my co-workers are into RC airplanes so they cant offer any real advice on flying helicopters. Atleast alot of info is availble online which will help. I also havent found any fields in the San Antonio area for Heli Pilots. Still looking for the perfect field, usually I fly outside my house but I think I will need more space for a CP chopper. I will also definetly check Helidriect and see how they compare with some of the other online retailers. The upgrade kit looks like it would add some good support for the tail boom. Also looks great to boot, since the blade CP is virtually the same Im betting their replacment engines will work, I read they can handle about a 100+ flights if you take care of them and install the heat sinks. I appreciate all the help from everyone. This has been a very hard choice, looks like both may require upfront modification and adjustments, Im leaning strongly toward spending less the 200 and having a little change for some mods. I bet you could use the downloadable Blade instructions on the Honeybee CP and as an appriximate refrence for the CP2. Their cheap enough where it would almost be worth buying one as a spare, when you consider how expensive batteries and frames are along with having a full set of replacement parts its tempting.
Heres a link I found about flight dynamics which you may find intresting, I found it helpful for understanding some of the basic behaviors of helicopter flight. http://www.dynamicflight.com/flight_maneuvers/

Out for now, take care