Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

kyosho battery help?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

kyosho battery help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:56 PM
test dummy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho battery help?

Hi , Im was visiting my uncle and he has a kyosho m24 electric helicopter. He let me take it home to see if i could fly it. He would always tipp over on the ground. So i took it home and tried it. I flew it up about 2 feet the away about 5 feet. I wanted to keep trying but the battery ran out and it has to charge for 4 hours and only has a five minute run time. Im trying to find another or better battery so if anyone can help . I would be very thank ful ill write down the battery.

9.6v ni-mh Battery Type s
Old 07-31-2005, 05:31 PM
kermitdafrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kyosho battery help?

Maybe I'm the only one but:

The training gear sucks up a significant amount of power 'cause of the the additional weight. My Wal-mart ping-pong balls are about 2.5g each, or 10g total plus the carbon rods and support, say maybe 20 gms total. (My 2-cell lipo only weighs 44.9g with velcro)

Hovering uses a grunch more power than forward flight (FF, I can't do yet).

Repeated takeoffs to get into a hover also use a bunch of power. I'd guess that one takeoff probably uses two or three times the power than the time it takes for same length of FF light.

If you have a CP (don't know about the kyosho m24), I recently found out that bumping up my head speed helped to extend my flying time a little (like lugging a stickshift car in 3rd or 4th gear when 2nd or 3rd would be more appropriate).

If he's trying to operate without training gear, and is new at it ... he probably will tip over, which is the reason for the training gear.

If you have a typical aftermarket charger (I have an Apache 2200), your charge time will be much shorter instead of the "indeterminate" time of the supplied "wall wart" charger. My Apache does my 1200 lipo packs in around 40 minutes or so (safely)

If you're practicing hover and don't do FF yet, and get 5 minutes, in my case I would be tickled. I probably get about five or six 20-30 second hovers before the tail rotor won't hold the nose any more with full trim. (I have a Hummingbird CP with a 2-S pack and stock brushed motor with an EP-50 direct drive tail).

I'm looking forward to losing the training gear and getting outta hover ... but alas ...

Rick