Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Please Hlep!! Some ?'s on my new ESC and Brushless

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Please Hlep!! Some ?'s on my new ESC and Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 05:41 PM
dinuka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Hlep!! Some ?'s on my new ESC and Brushless

Finally got it but still waiting for the Li-Po batt will be here in 3days but the problem is that the motor did not come with a Motor Gear and the one that was on my old motor's Gear is too big for this one I contacted my local hobby store but they don't sell them seperatly.Any one know a place I could buy one or any subs? also should shutdown the break or let it be the way it is also another question

In the manual of the ESC says like this " 4Servos can be used when Voltage is Lower than 7.4V(2cell Li-Polly); and 3 servos only recomended when the voltage is 11.1V(3cells Li-Polly) to prevent overheat of BEC system" "Note: when using economical class micro servos ,it is necessary to reduce the number of servos by one"

My heli is a dragonfly 36 and has 4 servos (2 in front(9g) one for pitch(9g) and one for the tail (7.5g i thnk its small) and the battry I bought is 11.1V 2200maH 3 cells so does this mean I can't use it?

please help
thank you
Dinuka
Also Both the motor and the ESC are Tower Pro
Here are the Pics of ESC and Brushless Motor

Old 10-12-2005, 06:06 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Please Hlep!! Some ?'s on my new ESC and Brushless

I've heard stories of those no-name ESC's burning up with anything more than 2 servos. I'd use an external BEC if I was you, but you can always try and hope for the best .

As for pinions, no idea. You'd need to find a pinion that matches your spur gear in terms of tooth pitch, and then the same pinion needs to fit your shaft size. If the 36 is a clone of the shogun birds, maybe the pinions made for the shogun class heli's will match your spur gear.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:43 PM
dinuka

are Tower Pro electronics any good I have a couple of servos and they are very good but not sure about motors and ESC's
Old 10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
dinuka

anyone please?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:22 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I've used their servos with good results, nothing else, so I can't help. The servos are cheap electronically but work good for their price, I would expect the same from their ESC's and motors, nothing pretty, but it'll get the job done. Probably.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:26 PM
dinuka

is tower pro better than Walkera?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:44 AM
cptsnoopy

i just bought a brushless motor and esc from china on ebay. the motor is not branded but it is the blue motor that has the cooling fins built in. the esc is a tower pro. the bad news is that I decided not to risk that controller on my heli and instead am using it on my slow-stick that has a hitec 4100kv brushless geared motor. I am running three servos on my slow stick. The tower pro esc appears to work very well so far. I did have to buy a pinion for my new brushless motor because the ones that came with the motor were too short. I don't know how long the pinion needs to be for the 36 but it may be shorter than the 35 since it does not have to drive a tail shaft gear. on your heli, you do not want the motor brake. try to make sure that it is off. good luck!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:05 AM
Tiger27

I just bought the Walkera esc and brushless which fortunately came with a pinion, and seems to work fine with the 4 servos, just give it a run on the ground and see if it gets overheated or glitches, as for the pinion would a drop of solder and some loctite get it to fit or is it way off the correct size?

I know its not much help now but its well worth doing plenty of research on the internet before buying any parts as it will save you quite a bit in the long run.