Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Shogun Blade Pitch Setting

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Shogun Blade Pitch Setting

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Ron Landram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogun Blade Pitch Setting

I had a bent main shaft on my newbe Shogun. After a week of tinkering with it and buying parts I finally sorta got it together.

My final problem is that it won't start to lift off until I get to about 80% collective and throttle. I am sure that I have something wrong in the setup of the head and the blades, but being such a novice I remain clueless. I did set the pitch with a gauge (-3 degrees to +7 degrees) or so I thought.

Also when I hold it in my hand and go up on the throttle you can feel it starting to pull upwards at about 3/4 throttle. When I get to full throttle the blades start acting like they are flexing and the thrust dies off. I think I need more blade deflection earlier in the curve.

1. Is the problem in the linkage? or;

2. Is the problem in the transmitter (Eclipse 7 with the standard throttle and pitch curves).
Old 10-21-2005, 01:57 PM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Shogun Blade Pitch Setting

Well im totaly new at this also. But i have mine adjusted with -3 to +8 at about 2/3rds throttle im about 5feet off the ground and WAY afraid of taking it higher as i know it would go.. Are you using the stock motor or a brushless? Not that i know much about choppers but i do know that a brushless setup will have more power then the stock setup.