Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Blade CP 4-in-1 Control Unit

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blade CP 4-in-1 Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 PM
peterj1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP 4-in-1 Control Unit

My Blade CP is about 2 weeks old and it appears that the 4-in-1 Control Unit is fried. When I plug the battery in, the unit will begin to go through it's normal light routine, but then it will start flickering between red/green and then all the controls on the heli begin to flicker and the blades start spinning sporadically -- it's like the heli is having convulsions. If I unplug the battery and try again, it may or may not work properly. Sometimes after 1/2 dozen times of unplugging and plugging in the battery, it'll work normally and I'll be able to fly it. I've tried other batteries, trying to rule that out, and it does the same thing. I've also tried unplugging the motors and servos from the Control Unit, one by one, trying to rule them out. I've had everything unplugged from it, plugged in the battery, and the flickering between red/green continues. By the way, I'm positive the throttle and trim are off on the radio and all other controls are at neutrel -- plus fresh batteries (changed these too) in the Tx.

My questions to those with experience are (1) Am I on the right track assuming it's the 4-in-1? (2) Is this unusual to go out after only 2 weeks? (3) Is it possible this could be covered under warranty (4) Any other things I'm missing?

Lastly, I have another question. I have a Dynamite Vision Peak Ultra AC/DC Charger. I'm charing the Blade CP stock batteries at the recommended 0.8A. After charging, the batteries show a slightly better than 12V charge, although the batteries are only 9.6V. Is this normal or are the two completely unrelated?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to reply. I'm new to the site and to RC Helicopters and have found this site extremely helpful.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:19 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Blade CP 4-in-1 Control Unit

Have you tried removing the crystals and plugging them back in? I remember seeing something about the crystals coming loose or not making good contact, try it and see if it works.

Horizon is usually good about waranty issues, I'm pretty sure they would replace it if it needs replaced.

As for the battery voltages, this is normal, all my batteries do this when charging. If you put a load on the battery pack while checking it with a voltmeter it should read at around 9.6 volts.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:34 AM
peterj1234

Thanks for the reply jakjr.

I bought a replacement 4-in-1 and it's working as it should. I may attempt to get the original replaced by the manufacturer, since it seems unusual to go out after 2 weeks and a couple dozen flights.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:42 AM
fxstbi
My Feedback: (3)

Peter,
Send it back to Horizion with a copy of your receipt. Mine did the same thing and they replaced it free. Pete
Old 08-29-2006, 06:51 PM
ghenzz

hey guys, im having a prob with mine also, it seems that the control unit is not functionning properly, my main motor is not working, but when i plugg it in the tail motor slot, it works, i dont know whats the problem, do you guys think the warranty will cover it?