Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Something is wrong, BLADE CP grips!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Something is wrong, BLADE CP grips!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Æ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something is wrong, BLADE CP grips!

I purchased replacement blade grips for my CP. There are 2 versions, the old and the new. I called Horizon Hobby, who confirmed this.
The new version uses 3 bearings, but the older version only uses 2 bearings. My RTF CP came with 3 bearing grips, but my LHS had the older version in stock. I tried and tried and tried to install 3 bearings into a 2 bearing grip! I hammered and beat on it all to no avail. Finally I measured the grips and discovered the difference. I am really ticked off, I spent another trip to the LHS and $7.99 getting the wrong grips twice. I decided to use the 2 bearing grips for now, that way I'll have a couple of spare bearings on hand. I wonder if the problematic spindle to hub slop relates to whether or not you are useing 2 or 3 bearing grips?
P.S. I'm not sure why my moniker does not show up.
Can you see this-- Æ --it is the ligature of A and E.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
cpmay
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Something is wrong, BLADE CP grips!

The three bearing grips are Horizons "fix" to the sticky collective problem. When I got my BCP it was the updated version but the collective was stickey still. I disassembled the blade grips and discovered that it was missing the washers that go next to the O-ring. Futher the washers and spacers were on the spindle incorrectly. They weren't even the same from side to side. $7.95 later for a set of replacement blade grips, I just needed the spacers and washers, and the collective is smooth.[sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 01-03-2006, 06:29 PM
epicureandevils

guys,
how do i find out which version of the grip my cp has? sprry its a stupid question but then i dont really know much about helis.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:52 AM
hitman13429
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: epicureandevils

guys,
how do i find out which version of the grip my cp has? sprry its a stupid question but then i dont really know much about helis.

Well, if you look inside the grip from the side the blades go in you might be able to tell that way. As for me on my first illfated crash I broke one grip and one LHS had them in, it was a 2 bearing grip and I just installed that and I have no problems at all with one grip haveing 3 the other haveing 2 so to me it doesen't make any difference.