Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

new to helis

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:13 PM
jdavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to helis

hello! i am new to the world of helis... so new, that i dont even have one yet... anyway, i was wanting something small, in the mico world that i can fly around in my house or back yard... so i was wondering what brands were worth looking at. i saw a few, but they said they had fixed pitched blades... that doesnt sound like it would be much fun... i mean dont you need to be able to change the pitch to hover and all? lastly, i would like something that can be upgraded with a scale like body later on. so, all-ya'lls input would be welcome.

-jimbo
Old 01-13-2006, 12:53 AM
hitman13429
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: new to helis

Do a search for blade cx
Old 01-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hirobo XRB works great indoors but needs a calm day outside. Hovering etc, with fixed pitch comes from how much throttle you put on it. IT Controls the speed of the blades. the faster they go the more lift.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
futura

The Blade CX is a good option for a beginner and is small enough to actually "fly" in a medium sized room. The Blade CP is good but hovering is about all you can do without a pretty large room or gym. The Blade CP is going to go outdoors better though, has collective pitch and will grow with you as you get better.

I would go with the Blade CP or Honeybee CP2.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:06 PM
thecheatscalc

I'd look at the blade CP if you want to do outdoor flying, and the esky lama2 for indoor flying.