Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Shortymet55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trucks

How many of you guys started out with Nitro cars before coming to electric heli's.

Im 14 and have a REVO and Nitro Rustler. Just wondering how much other RC experience you guys have.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Shortymet55

Default RE: Trucks

common someon has too. Im curious of how much experience you guys have with remotes other than for you TV.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:02 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

heli's and airplanes for me....

Nitro cars and trucks look boring to me.....
not saying they are....just that they do to me....

started with airplanes then learned Heli's
Old 01-23-2006, 05:06 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Well... here's my progression through RC vehicles...

I started out in RC with a 1/24 scale electric car... a Kyosho Mini-Z. From there I got a 1/18 scale HPI Micro RS4, a Traxxas E-Maxx, a Tamiya TLT-1, then got a nitro heli... a Thunder Tiger Raptor 50V2. Got into nitro planes after that, and then into electric planes and helis. My most recent RC vehicles are a 1/8 nitro buggy (first nitro car for me) and a Tamiya 1/10 scale electric sedan...
Old 01-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Shortymet55

At 14, i think it would prolly be bad to have no experience with RC, because i dont have enough money if I make a mistake. So i got used to controls and eye/hand/vehicle cordination. Plus backfliping a 1/10 scale Monater Truck going 45mph off a small skateboard kicker ramp without it being proped up any more than it made is amazing.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
ramkitty

i dove head first into heli
Old 01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Shortymet55

i wouldnt do that again. I think it it would hurt bad! Just Kidding just some retarded humor only i laugh at.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:03 PM
dsltek432

I started with trucks. In my garage is a savage ss, mt2 18ss, losi xxx-nt, rc10gt, and XTM x-terminator. The helis are starting to catch up though.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Shortymet55

OUCH! Savages[>:]. and other HPI And associated and losi. WHERE R UR TRAXXAS CARS!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 PM
makg

Ive got a nitro rusty 2 with some sweet upgrades
Old 01-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Shortymet55

My Rusty is amazing. Futaba radio. RD Racing products Aluminum rear and front shock towers. Rear bulk head. And much more.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:35 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I started with planes, then moved primarily to cars, then got into heli's. I would say right now I'm into heli's and cars equally (though I have way more cars than heli's).

I don't mess too much with planes anymore, I have two kits I've been working on every now and then when I get bored, but I don't think I'll ever fly them once I finish them.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
dalllas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im also 14, i started with a t-maxx(what a joke that thing was) now im trying to sell it. then i got an rc18t and just went overkill on all the upgrades, its an amazing truck. then went for a MF2 with brushless(and amazing truck) then to a mini t to screw around with. (mini t is better than rc18t) then got a TC4 with brushless. ive been into this stuff for quite some time and am hooked on it for life. im currently selling my t-maxx and rc18t to make up for the costs of the other cars. o, and i have a custom built mini giant that i turned into a major crawler. (it goes up curbs and its 20th scale) its shorter than the curb too. then i came across a few extra bucks and got a BCP. it is amazing to fly, i love it. because i have so many cars, dont think im spoiled. i have had to work ALOT, ive pushed stupid lawn mowers for who knows how many miles and its taken alot of birthdays and christmasses to collect all of this, and have done alot of house work. i drive everry single one of them. i drive atleast 2 of them every day, i dont know what i would do with out rc in my life. flying helicopters adds a whole new aspect of rc, i love learning new things, and helicopters are definately a challenge.

Shortymet55 Date 1/22/2006 11:13:55 PM
How many of you guys started out with Nitro cars before coming to electric heli's.

Im 14 and have a REVO and Nitro Rustler. Just wondering how much other RC experience you guys have.
if i could give 1 word of advice. - electric is the way of the future. its faster than nitro and more reliable and cheaper over time.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:28 PM
WhtBronco

I started in R/C at age 3 with ToySRUs stuff I am told, then at age 9 I got my first nitro buggy. A 4WD Kyosho Land Jump Integra. It was all aluminum and truely incredible with an Irvine .20 engine. 6 years later I went to planes glow planes, tried a glow heli at 17 a Kyosho Concept, but never got out of hovering and stayed with planes and cars. Got out of racing cars at 19 to stick with planes. I got my Raptor 50 at 31, bought a Blade CX to fly in my office 2 weeks ago and have been looking to get a T-Rex for a little while. My wife thinks the T-Rex SE looks better and thatr I should get that over the standard T-Rex, woohoo.

Electrics still don't save any money IMO. Heck the T-Rex will likely cost me more than my Raptor 50 to purchase. The initial cost is so high that glow is still cheaper for me. In the future electrics will be cheaper I believe and they are the way of the future IMO. I will always have an affection for glow engines though I think. After 23 years running them I like 'em.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:28 AM
hitman13429
My Feedback: (1)

here is my start in the rc world.
Used to have rc's
First rc, emaxx (old style esc, fryed sent in for the evo)
.15 rustler
Street force
used MP6 .25
Mini Z's (had 2)
Xmod's (had 2)

Now for what I have:
Mini t's (had 1, traded bought another. Now with a 3 cell lipo, brushless. 60MPH
Mini Quake(mildly hopped up)
Micro rs4(brushless, 3 cell.. hit 69 MPH at half throttle with Venom speed meter)
Rs4 MT(hopped up)
TT-01 (stock, used sometimes for drifting)
Blade CP (mostly stock I guess)
Old 01-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Shortymet55

No one has a REVO. In my opinoin, the best Monster Truck out there. Of course I havent tried them all. I drove a few of my Friends t-maxx'as and the REVO could woop them. And I see the same people with there savages and LST's at the hobby shop getting piece. Of course the REVO is strong enough that i go just to look around, cuz i rarely break piece. And I dont go easy. Well maybe if the backflip i decribed before is easy. Or trying to jump the car over a tree only to be stoped and nail the ground.

If you are looking at a Truck. I suggest a REVO. Its the strongest car around. Plus its $100 less than a LST and Savage SS.

I have seen videos of a midly hopedup REVO with an O.S. .18TM beat a Savage SS with the 4.6 engine and 3 speed.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

I started out with the tyco stuff
got a four tec ntc3 revo then a honeybee
Old 01-24-2006, 03:14 PM
RC RAC3R

I started with a traxxas stampede... then a tmaxx 2.5, then a ofna lx pro, then I sold my stampede tmaxx and lx pro, got a SUT truggy... and a sportwerks mayhem buggy.. then i sold the truck.... blah blah blah.... Currently I have a CLOD rock crawler, Mayhem muggy, TB02R touring car, TREX 450xl heli with spektrum DX6, mini cooper, legend oval car and a TLT hopefully on the way...

not to mention any of my boats... lol
Old 01-24-2006, 03:26 PM
OttoNP

What ever happend to the Clod Buster Man?

I started with an RC10, then got an RC10L, then the semi version of the Clod Buster...

Next I went into nitro planes, when there were few ARFs...in my option you shouldn't be able to fly anything you didn't build (I know I have a Blade CP, but that's different). I started with a Eagle 2, then a Tiger 2, then my pride and joy, a Great Planes Mustang with retracts. I also modifed a tiny gas stick 10, that was a fun little plane after my mods. Then I went to college and was out for awhile....

Now I just purchased a Blade CP about 2-4 weeks ago...

Are the electric planes any good now? I'm pretty intrested in them, but only if they can go straight up and reach 120 MPH like my old Mustang with it's big bad 4 cycle OS....
Old 01-24-2006, 04:07 PM
futura

Started with planes in the mid 70's
Heli baby in early 80's [8D]
more nitro planes and gliders (slope soaring in Washington state) in mid to late 80's......air boat (damn fun)

RC10 in 1989 (lasted forever....tons of upgrades.....lost it down a storm drain )
EMax in 2001

First e-heli in Feb '05

Still run the EMaxx a couple times a week....stock accept for stearing servo. Really fun toy....