Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

scratch your (trex) balls?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

scratch your (trex) balls?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:55 AM
nawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scratch your (trex) balls?

Seriously-
I have the TRex XL, and the balls on the stock swash have some gnarly scratches after about 3 weeks of use. This thing has not been in/near dirt, and I am sure residual silicone spray is landing on them when I coat the main shaft slider. Anyone else see this?

How often do you replace the balls and links?

Thanks.
-matt

Edit: Adjusted subject title to give a hint of a problem description.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:34 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scratch your (trex) balls?

Ive never noticed this, but it is probably a result of dirt or dust sticking to the silicone on the ball links. Wipe them clean with some alcohol and get all the silicone residue off of them. Clean the inside of the links with alcohol too to get rid of dust and silicone in them. Then reinstall. You dont need to lubricate the ball links. If they are two tight to move freely, take a pair of needle nose pilers and squeeze the links while they are on the balls, this should free them up. If they are scratched so bad that its binding up the links...you will need to replace them.