Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Humingbird v3 battery question.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Humingbird v3 battery question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:47 PM
clubb699

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humingbird v3 battery question.

Hi all ive had a humingbird v3 battery helicopter, The current batterys i use are 7xaaa 650mah Ni-MH 8.4 v battery pack, they only last a maximum 3 to 5 mins and thats pushing it to be honest im improving my flying but need more time up there. No sooner as im up in the air flying around it seems to come crashing down with a dead battery and another trip up the local rc shop for another part lol, any ideas of a battery that will last long for the mean time dont feel ready for upgrade just yet . Thanks in advance for any feed back.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:15 AM
bignose13

Default RE: Humingbird v3 battery question.

Try This
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RC-Smart-Lithi...QQcmdZViewItem

and this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Esky-Balance-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Got them for my honeybee and get flights of about 15 mins and could do more but dont want to push the battery and motor also you should also think about buying an heatsink for your motors
Old 03-01-2006, 12:27 PM
syclic

Default RE: Humingbird v3 battery question.

How old are your batteries & motor? How do you charge them - peak detection ofr timed?

I usually get over 6 minutes on any new 600mah set. As these batteries are worked very hard in a helicopter relative to in an airplane they will deteriorate a lot faster, specially if they are overcharged at all. If you use a good peak charger (like an FMA) and use the NiMH (Not the NiCd) setting, you will find that you can get about 50 flights from a battery pack before it has deteriorated too much for descent use.

Also the inexpensive brushed 370 motors are also considered an expendable item in these type of micro helis ( I have found the ones in the Hummer V3 last a lot longer then most others). As their brushes wear you will find your flight times will also become shorter and shorter. SO you may be due for a mainmotor replacement. You will also find that the tail motors also wear and will get too the point that they will not have enough power to counter the torque of the mainrotor or have much autority for piros to the right. At this point you will find that you will need to replace the inexpensive tail motor.