Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Making blade cp training gear and durability of the new bell hiller system

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Making blade cp training gear and durability of the new bell hiller system

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:54 PM
pedester 99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making blade cp training gear and durability of the new bell hiller system

Hey everyone, I am planning on buying a blade cp soon and i was planning on making my own training gear from carbon fiber rod, ping pong balls and some cork. I was just wondering about what diameter carbon fiber rod I would need, as well as how many feet I would need. The other thing that i was wondering about is the duability of the new bell hiller setup, I heard someone on here say that the arms the linkages attach to broke super easily, they said that in was just a minor blade strike. I was wondering how others have faired with the new bell hiller setup in terms of durability.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
RBCCONT

Default RE: Making blade cp training gear and durability of the new bell hiller system

I have had the bell hiller upgrade for a few weeks now and have broken 3 arms so far with just minor blade hits ,One time it didnt even leave a mark on my cf blade.I crashed dozens of times before the upgrade with no breakage at all,On the other side of it it is so much more responsive and easy to control that I crash less often,I could never go back to the way it was.Dont know about training gear i never used it I just upgraded the the heavy duty landing gear after I broke a few of the flimsy landing struts.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
pedester 99

Default RE: Making blade cp training gear and durability of the new bell hiller system

ok thanks. is it the swash plate that brakes or the links that connect the swash to the blade grip?? just so that i know what to get spares of. Also i found what size tubing i need for traning gear, 1/8th inch.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:35 PM
JPKII

I upgraded the swashplate and went to the Bell Hiller all at the same time. I have had 3 crashes (destroyed the blades) so far. One of those crashes was so bad it actually broke my tail boom off as it did the dead chicken dance on the ground. I (knock on wood) have not broken anything in the head yet. The bad crash I even messed up my flybar, still no damage to the Bell Hiller or anything else. Maybe I am just lucky.

I am using wood flat bottom blades, stock NIMH batteries, and flying idle up.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:33 PM
pedester 99

ok, then others are having trouble with the swash breaking? if the swash is what breaks I will get the e-flite aluminum swash.

thanks for the reply[8D]
Old 03-07-2006, 04:53 PM
pedester 99

ok guys i am still confused on which part poeple have been breaking in the bell hiller system, is it the swash plate itself or is it the linkages that connect to the swash plate?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
crashn_bernstein

ive gone through 3 stock wood flat bottom blades, 2 frames, 2 tail motors, 1 tail rotor, 1 servo, 3 feathering spindles and have not broken 1 piece of the bell mixer assembly. my 2 cents worth. thats all AFTER installation of the bell mixer.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Pilot352

I'll see your <3 stock wood flat bottom blades, 2 frames, 2 tail motors, 1 tail rotor, 1 servo, 3 feathering> and raise you; 5 stock blades, 4 main shafts (one was bad out of the box), 2 tail booms, 2 tail motors, 1 smoked servo, 1 CF blade set, 1 skid set, many linkages, one body shell, two turtle doves and a partidge in a pear tree.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:29 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

its the little spindle on the blade grip. here is a fix. find a hollow brass rod that fits the hole in the side link. drill a hole in the grip where the plastic spindle broke and insert the metal brass with super jet. wait a few and stronger than ****!!!!!!!! you could cut off spindles and modify all grips like this.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:42 PM
pedester 99

would carbon fiber rod work?? That sounds like a good idea.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:03 PM
crashn_bernstein

the stock training gear is 2mm carbon fiber rod (if i remember correctly). i had two pieces, about 2 feet long that i used. that way, it extended out to the edge of the blades.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Raylon

and with the training gear from E-Flite only costing $10, you might as well just buy them.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
hellomynameisdookie

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson

its the little spindle on the blade grip. here is a fix. find a hollow brass rod that fits the hole in the side link. drill a hole in the grip where the plastic spindle broke and insert the metal brass with super jet. wait a few and stronger than ****!!!!!!!! you could cut off spindles and modify all grips like this.
What is "super jet"?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Jeff Page
My Feedback: (2)

If you guys are crashing so much, you don't need the Bell upgrade---it makes the heli more touchy. The Bell mixer is a great upgrade for aerobatics, I do think it adds difficulty for training though. JB