Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

aluminum lower rotor hub for blade cx

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

aluminum lower rotor hub for blade cx

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 03:03 PM
zenchal26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aluminum lower rotor hub for blade cx

does anyone make one
Old 04-25-2006, 06:40 AM
DEFLYER22

Default RE: aluminum lower rotor hub for blade cx

I do not think you need one. Just be careful when you fly, it should be ok. I have the HB esky lama 2 (similar to Blade CX) for more than 2 months now, and the [link=http://www.4-rc-helicopter.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=10&id=54&artlang=en]only thing I broke are the main blades, and the tail (but I fixed that with the super glue - this guide show how to fix that).[/link] Other parts still good as new.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
NunuJet

Default RE: aluminum lower rotor hub for blade cx

On the CX the lower rotor assembly is almost as fragile as the upper rotor head, especially when crashing into something hard. We have 5 CX's here at work and they all have gone thru lower rotor heads ... Now all we doo is drill out the area where the pins broke off and substitute small pieces of #38 drill bit in its place. If you do a search at www.rcgroups.com you will find instructions how to do this ...

To answer your question ... YES someone in Canada makes them out of his home ... He sells them on eBay as he produces them. We just bought two of them from eBay. They should be here this week. I spoke to the gentleman and he seems very knowledgable and I think he must be making a killing on these ... They can get pricey ... It all depends how frustrated you get changing that lower rotor head all the time ....

Here is the eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-flite-blade-CX...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like a quality piece ... guess you have to pay to play ... Let me tell you ... even with the drill pin mod we do, the only thing that breaks in a crash is rotor blades. They are usually sheared right off! ....

The next weak point I see is the battery tray .. it breaks WAY to often also .....

Take care!

-Nunu