Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

T Rex XL ok for First Heli??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

T Rex XL ok for First Heli??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:37 PM
micp
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Rex XL ok for First Heli??

Hey guys. Been flying airplanes for many years and bought a CoCo Lama from Hobby Lobby and have been flying that for a while. I was wondering if the T Rex XL would be a good next step. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom
Old 04-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Flytoolow
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T Rex XL ok for First Heli??

I got the T-Rex XL for my second heli. Awesome little flyer, would recoment the SE over the XL just because it is all metal in the head. The XL will need the upgrade eventually for better performance later in different flight charastics (3D). And the XL stock hardware is CHEEPLY MADE....screws strip easy and the "lock-tite" they provide is crap, use red or blue lock-tite from a local hardware store.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Ivan Woods

I got my 450XL at first and then I got 450SE as 2nd heli from [link=http://www.pinnaclemodel.com]Pinnacle Model[/link]. Both are very good and I try new manouvers with my XL for cheaper repair cost while enjoy flying with my SE.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:24 PM
cptnsausage

Just a quick note...theres a seller on ebay at the mo thats selling the t-rex 450 xl (ccpm) for only 109 pounds sterling as a kit but is giving a brushless motor and speed controller with the kit...I've looked around and im in shock, thats like the cheapest deal ive ever seen for a t-rex kit...right enough the servos and radio gear aint inc in the package but the package as it stands is like at least 250 anywhere else i've seen...check it out!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Old 05-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Jack RC

109 pound is US$191 for exchange rate 1.88. [link=http://www.pinnaclemodel.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=505]Pinnacle[/link] offer at US$175.38 already include ESC and BL430 outrunner motor. I think Pinnacle is the best price.