Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Blade CP Super Skids install >

Blade CP Super Skids install

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blade CP Super Skids install

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP Super Skids install

Today I received my BCP Super Landing Gear (http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=855) Everything looks great, however the screw holes dont line up with the BCP skid mounts. I can screw one side in, but the other side is not lining up. It looks like the gear mount is slightly more narrow than the BCP. Had anyone else got these skids, and did they mount okay? If not, is there some other way that I can mount them securly? I was thinking of making some kind of adapter from carbon rod. I realize that these are intended for the Honey Bee, but they are sold as BCP compatible. Is there that much of a diference between the HP and the BCP?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Default RE: Blade CP Super Skids install

I got em, and yes, you can't just screw one side in and then the other. You have to start both screws through the skid, until the tips show through, then put the tips into the body mounts, and tighten them both at the same time. Do a turn on one, then a turn on the other until you get them half way in, then crank em down. Also, if you have a good drill bit, you can enlarge the screw holes in the skid slightly so that they thread easier. I didn't do this, but I should have.

John
Old 05-04-2006, 02:01 AM

Excellent - thanks John. I tried what you suggested and had the skids on in less that five minutes. This thing is pimped now! It sits nice and and high, and feels much more solid. Will try flying her tomorrow!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:28 AM

Are you flying with the stock NiMH batteries, or Li-Po?
The stock batteries are a tight fit through the front skid brace, and those rubber band holders dance around alot while you try to insert the battery. I just broke my front skid brace, while putting a stock NiMH battery in. it was so darned tight that something had to give. Hopefully yours isn't as tight, or if it is, whittle some out with a hobby knife, rather than doing what I did, and breaking the thing.

those things do fly nice with the super skids. Landing becomes fun, when you know you aren't going to break stuff. It allows you to relax a bit, and it becomes easier to learn how to land. Bring it down slow, then give it some throttle just before the skids touch, and it will land like a feather.

Have fun!