Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 09:39 PM
tzeming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Hi Guy

I eventually start setting up my 450, it looks easier than the 500 GP.

but I need some help for installing the tail servo. can you post some photos of yours about how it is meanted to be fitted in without bending the tail push rod ?
( I have the same problem with my 500GP, I use some screw nut to space it out )

I need to use some pvc spacer ( included in my package ) to install the aileron and pitch servos back to back. I am wondering if yours has it as well? or your servos are small enough to be fitted in.

thanks
ps , I still have problems of posting photos, after I upload the photos successfully and click ok, nothing happens, no photos show up....[&o]
Old 02-04-2007, 10:27 PM
tzeming

Hi Guy

I eventually start setting up my 450, it looks easier than the 500 GP.

but I need some help for installing the tail servo. can you post some photos of yours about how it is meanted to be fitted in without bending the tail push rod ?
( I have the same problem with my 500GP, I use some screw nut to space it out )

I need to use some pvc spacer ( included in my package ) to install the aileron and pitch servos back to back. I am wondering if yours has it as well? or your servos are small enough to be fitted in.

thanks
ps , I still have problems of posting photos, after I upload the photos successfully and click ok, nothing happens, no photos show up....
Old 02-05-2007, 12:42 AM
PSN Denmark

HI tzwming

I will try to take some pictures for you to night and post them, Just tell me if there is more you want to see.

Hi retired 911guy

congratulations with your 450SE.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 AM
PSN Denmark

Hi 911

This Radio you have, is it this one?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84021.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	614183  
Old 02-05-2007, 07:46 AM
retired911guy

Yes, that is exactly the one I have. Is that good news or bad news?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:00 AM
PSN Denmark

I do not know yet, but I wrote to my contact person, to make Helipro send me the instruction for the radio to me for you.

It is a brand new radio, they still tested it when I baught my heli, but they told me about it, and send me this picture.

If I get the instruction, then I will send it to you, then you can tell me if it is a good radio
Old 02-05-2007, 09:25 AM
retired911guy

Palle, that was most kind of you and I certainly do appreciate it. I will do my best to let you know what I think of it as soon as I get the information. How's the weather in Denmark? It's cold here! High about 30 today, low tonight about 8 degrees above 0 F.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:06 AM
PSN Denmark

HI again

No problem! I am glad if I can help you, just hope they send it to me soon.

Here in Denmark it is winter time, so thats why I still have not tried my Black Hawk.

We have the opotunaty to fly indoor every sunday, but I rather fly outdoor the first time.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
retired911guy

Well, I can't fly at all right now due to knee replacement surgery, but that will get better with time. Warmer weather won't hurt, either!! I did a Google search on the transmitter and came up with.....absolutely nothing. It must be brand new. It does say it is a DIGITAL proportional radio control system. It does have a logo on the case, a gold box with the letter "G" along with two small mountain icons, that I do not recognize either. Maybe some of the more experienced pilots reading these posts can shed some light on it. Anyway, I appreciate any help I can get. I will pass on to you anything I learn. I also did a generic search on rc helicopter radio control systems and came up with some decent information from heliguy.com. Trial and error is fine as long as it does not cost $450 a lesson. That is a bit steep for anyone.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM
tzeming

Hi Palle

any 450 photos for me ?

Thanks
TzeMing
Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 AM
PSN Denmark

Hi

I am sorry something came up that night. I will do it ASAP.

911. I just talked with my contact to day and he will try to find the radio instruction to you.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
retired911guy

ORIGINAL: tzeming

Hi Palle

any 450 photos for me ?

Thanks
TzeMing
TzeMing,
I recall you wanted some pictures of the servos on the BlackHawk 450SE. I took these for you and if they suffice then we will have saved Palle the trouble. Since he is helping me out with the manual/instructions for my transmitter, I thought I would try to help him out. Palle, if this upsets you, please accept my apologies. Just trying to help out since I am "homebound" for the time being. There does not appear to be any material between the servos on my 450. There is also a small adjuster link in the rod going from the servo to the tail rotor linkage. I uploaded 6 photos of my 450; I hope they show up in the post. I hope this helps.

Name:	Db83896.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	616537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58737.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	616538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36692.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	616539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35447.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	616540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw20915.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	616541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar10102.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	616542  
Old 02-08-2007, 06:53 PM
retired911guy

Hmmm. Looks like I should have shrunk them down a bit. It also looks like some hair from my cat got on the 450. Guess I will have to decontaminate it!! I did the best I could with the photos. I don;t know how to do "thumbnails and click for full-size".
Old 02-08-2007, 08:39 PM
tzeming

Hi 911

many thanks ,Your photos definitely helps me...
I am work at the moment , I will compare yours and mine tonight,
and I will try to post some photos of my 450 again...

you mention about the small adjuster link , can you show me in your photos,
without that, I think that's why my push rod is bend ...

do you what pitch angle you have for your normal mode ( -1 to +7 ?) and stunt mode ? ( -7 to +7 ?)

I hope you find the manual for the radio , I did search as well after I saw your post including some Chinese sites, but without much luck.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 AM
retired911guy

See the photo for the adjuster link. You might try installing the whole rod from the tail rotor linkage up to the servo arm, then install the servo onto the helicopter if yours does not have this adjuster.

Name:	Jg14245.jpg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	616974  
Old 02-09-2007, 01:00 AM
retired911guy

As for pitch angles, I bought a decent pitch gauge, but have not tried to adjust or even check any angles as yet. I am taking it slow and easy. It may be several weeks yet before I try flying mine. I just had a total knee replacement last week and am not getting around well yet.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
KidNovak

Well, after crashing my Vortex 37 aka. Blade CX a couple of times do to stalling, and over controlling the Heli, because of the coax design, I decided I needed something faster and more maneuverable.

So after two weeks of researching for a new heli, it came down to the Falcon 3D or the Black Hawk 450 SE, I ordered the Black Hawk 450 SE RTF.

The only thing I’m concerned about is parts for the Black Hawk 450 SE, but here is what Chris from CCE Creations told me…
Thanks for your interest in our products. Here is the deal, we are the only importers of the Black Hawk series helicopters and the only other importer of the Falcon 3D. We plan on carrying the full parts support as any reputable dealer should. We are awaiting our parts shipment and are currently out of stock on the Falcon 3D. As far as interchanging with the Trex helicopters most parts interchange with the exception of the main frame, main gear, and tail speed up gear as they are a slightly different configuration. All of our helicopters are completely ready to fly. They have been assembled, tuned, and adjusted for flight right out of the box.

Hopefully I won’t crash, yeah right.

How is the Hobbypro Heading Lock Gyro? Does it hold good?

I’ll probably upgrade the electronics slowly.

I’ll keep you posted.
Novak
Old 02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
retired911guy

The HobbyPro LOOKS good, better in fact than the one shown in the manual. I have no idea how it performs. I have not flown my Black Hawk yet; too cold too windy, and knee too spindly. I'll get around to it soon enough. I will at least get some "looks" time in before I take it out and bend it. Apparently, I should be REAL careful with it as parts may not yet be available. I am not so good a pilot that I can say I won't crash it. Being that arrogant is 'way beyond me.
Again, does anyone know anything about the "JFT602" transmitter??
Old 02-09-2007, 09:15 PM
minirc963

Hey, I was lookin at the Esky Belt CP and now that i see this. it is intriguing me. Do you have pics of the heli and some of the things it came with like the TX? ALso, hows that gyro hold the tail. I Plan on useing my DX6 with S75 servos with a JR dual rate RX. Also, is the motor powerful for this heli for doing some mild 3d?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 10:33 PM
retired911guy

See post #29 in this thread for a good picture of the transmitter. See posts #'s 37 and 40 for some closeups of the the servos and gyro. With the 2200 mahr battery and brushless motor and ESC, it is supposed to be capable of 3D out of the box. Here is the link for the seller, who is supposed to be the sole importer of this hot bird: http://www.discountrchelicopter.com/...BlackHawk450SE. If looks and upgraded equipment are any indication of its capabilities, this one has it in spades. I am waiting for some good weather and some healing time before I fly mine for the first time. I have fired it up without the main rotors attached and it seems to be hot! It will really turn up the juice. There has GOT to be someone else who has one and has flown it. Come on guy, speak up!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:49 PM
KidNovak

@retired911guy
I haven't found anything on the JFT602 transmitter. I believe my Black Hawk 450SE is going to have that same transmitter, so I will need some info also. I'll keep searching.

retired911guy, I also purchased my Black Hawk 450 SE from discountrchelicopter.com, how long did it take for before you received your Heli?

@minirc963
Here are some photo's and Video of the Black Hawk 450...
[link=http://www.americantc.com/BlackHawk/HP-450.wmv]Black Hawk 450 Video[/link]

Name:	Nk28040.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	617431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42141.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	617432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12078.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	617433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13506.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	617434  
Old 02-10-2007, 12:25 AM
retired911guy

From placing order to delivery, fresh from China, took 10 days. The $10.99 shipping was a very fair deal, in my opinion. I have had shipping that costs twice as much take over twice as long.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:25 PM
KidNovak

Thanks for the replay retired911guy.

Chris from discountrchelicopter.com emailed me and said he will send tracking number Monday.

I ordered a Esky Honey Bee a couple of years ago three States away from where I live and it cost me $24.95 shipping.

Novak
Old 02-10-2007, 10:05 PM
2Thirty

Hi, I have been following the comments about the Blackhawk 500, as I bought one from discountrchelicopter.com also. It was an ebay listing from them. Price was the same as buying it direct. I bought it on Jan. 18, and it arrived on the 30th from China. No problems with shipping, and fairly quick delivery considering where it came from. I was wondering, if someone does find a manual for the transmitter, could you please share it with me. (email: [email protected] )

Today was the first day I could get outside to try to fly this thing (I've never flown a helicopter before). While I had it in the garage getting ready to take it outside, I accidentally hit the power button on the transmitter, turning it off. The helicopter's battery was connected. It immediately powered up, full speed, and hit the ceiling. Then fell to the ground.. all within 5 seconds.
I now have it apart, and am ordering replacement parts this weekend. Do I feel stupid? Yea! One of the things I'm going to do as I replace the damaged parts, is to install an on/off switch to the battery. Don't like having to plug the battery in to power it up.

I'm an old electronics engineer, so tinkering with something like this is interesting. I have installed high intensity led lights on it. 18 blue ones on the bottom of the canopy that chase, one in the canopy nose, two above the window cutout pointing up at the blades, and am going to have a strobe on the tail. Again.. with an on/off switch. In any case, this seems to be a sturdy bird, as evidenced by my garage accident. It's a good size, and if I don't make any more mistakes, I may just get it in the air. The manual that came with it is fine, but I sure could have used the manual for the transmitter. Possibly a pinout of the receiver.
Thanks for reading this, and if in my replacing the damaged parts I learn something that I can help anyone with, I will.

-Jim-
Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 PM
tzeming

here are a few photos of my 500 GP, which has the same tail problem as in 450 , at the moment I am in the process breaking in the engine.
I have a little accident , as in the third tank of breaking in , I need to change the thottle up and down , and I don't notice my swashplate is not that level when pitch is higher. so the main blade tilt on one side and hit the ground , oops , something hit one of the push rod and bend it. lucky that I have ordered some spare parts already ( I knew I will crash ) so I fixed it right away.

I am still waiting for the delivery of 450's receiver. and I haven't decide what lipo charger I want to buy. I am thinking about TP 1010, and 210C balancer , but I can't find them in Australia , I can only buy them from US site ,and pay US$30 for delivery...[&o] , I want a big one as I am planning to get a bigger electric heli. The logo 600 is out with V-flybar built-in. [:-]

Hi 2Thirty

what kind of demage on your 500 do you have ?

The people in our local hobby shop showed me some photos of a RC heli accident in Brisbrane. there was a man in flying club trying to start his 50 size nitro bird, he didn't realize he has full thottle on his radio, as soon as the engine start, as it is too powerful, he couldn't hold the blade, and heli ran loose, 2 seconds later half of his forehead was cut open by the running blade, he almost die. I saw the his photos after the operation, it wasn't nice..

anyway, take care....

Name:	Rp44628.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	619229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64074.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	619230   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27839.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	619231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20722.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	619232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pb35323.jpg
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	619233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul78715.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	619234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pr24510.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	619235  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.