Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Shogun v2

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:07 PM
MASTER YODA
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogun v2

Anyone flying shoguns anymore? I know the trex the most popular right now, but back when align was struggling with quality the shoguns seemed to be pretty good. Anyway just wondering if anybody has tried the v2 and if so what is your setup and how do you like it? Thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 08:10 PM
DVI

Default RE: Shogun v2

I Purchased a Shogun V2 back in May of this year. It is stock with the wood blades installed. I have the Spektrum DX6 Radio with a Futaba 190 gyro. Also used the S75 servo's that came with the radio. I can fly the helicopter around but not capable of doing aerobatics at this time. The Helicopter flys very well and is a stable flyer, but the brushed motor is a little weak. I also have a Blade CP that I have had for about 8 mo's and I am much more comfortable flying it around. Maybe with more time I will get the same way with the Shogun.
Things I would recommand, Get the wood blades due to the foam blades will not track well and I could never get them to stay set once I thought they where close. Get the brushless motor and ESC. I have had no other problems with this helicopter, other than some set up issue's that I got sorted out on my own, and some with help using these post.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
futura

I love my shoguns...1 V1, 1 V2 (still stock), and two more belt driven, one with Microheli belt drive and one with Hubdave's belt drive.

Great helicopters....best part is how well they fly with TP1320 3s lipo's (easy on the wallet). The fly best with TP2100's though.

all mine use JustGoFly 400DH brushless motors w/8t pinion and Castle Creations Phoenix 25 esc.

Both the V1 and V2 did nice sport flying with the stock brushed motor but the motors got hot fast. Brushless is the way to go. the heli really smooths out with the added head speed.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Crash9

I have both V1 & V2 and the V2 IMO is better. I still like my Shogun V2 even though I have picked up a Trex. I'm in the middle of putting it back together after robbing some parts for my Trex. Now I have new parts for it and when my radio gets back from Hitec it will be ready for flight.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:38 AM
MASTER YODA
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks for the imput guys. I am thinking about getting one. How much smaller is it than a trex? Also if any of you fly both a trex and a shogun which one is more "bang for the buck?" Thanks again.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:19 PM
darkside212
My Feedback: (73)

If you like the shogun platform check out the Cyclone 400 AlphaX. I sell them so I am biased. For $169 you get a G10 frame, metal head, metal tail, CF mainblades,and Aluminum landing gear!
check it out at www.rcepower.com

there are several options inregards to motor/esc combos as well.

BTW most of the critical parts like the spindle, and mainshafts are interchangeable with the shogun.

Size wise the cyclone/shogun is about 3/4 that of a trex