Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 3D

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 AM
OKDeputy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 3D

Those of you that have gotten your Falcon how long did you have to wait to get it? Those of you who have ordered and are waiting for your Falcon how long have you been waiting? I looking in to buying one and wanting to know a rough wait time. Those that have one what do you think? Any pros or cons? If you have other helis how does it
compare to them? Is there any other Heli that would compare to the Falcon as far as performance and features?

Thanks for the help
OKDeputy
Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 AM
dougwo

Default RE: Falcon 3D

I just got my Falcon 3D from HK... I paid 230 for mine. It also came with a digital Tx, just like the one on art tech website.
It flew way better than my Blade CP Pro. However, I found the quality of the Falcon is kinda... Well, the idle switch on the Tx broke and the tail rotor shaft broke after a minor crash. The parts are hard to find.
Belt CP from E-sky is a great alternative. But Falcon 3D is not bad at all if you know you not gonna crash it every other flight.
Just my thought.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:06 PM
spacedog001

I have ordered my Falcon from hobby-lobby on Dec 23... it was stated est. 12/29/06 for long time.... actually until yesterday!!![]
Now the current est. is Jan 12... that is not really good stocking management IMHO.
Also there are some parts still back ordered. However considering the holiday and its high demand,
I am still go with Falcon from Hobby-Lobby. Art-tech site also states not supporting Falcon from Ebay purchase although unless its major problem, most of the parts can be replaced
and I have read many many good support from HL.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
ptb

[]The falcon is a nice little helli, in my opinion it is a shogun clone, though hobby lobby say's no. Most part's from a shogun/zoom will fit. I hade to wait a month for mine, and hobby lobby said there would not be any part's problems
from december on. last week I broke a tail shaft, not the carbon drive shaft. I ordered from HL, and in about 5 day's
I received a carbon shaft, (not what i ordered) so I called HL and they understand what I wanted, and they will send
it, when they get some in! (BACK ORDERED AGAIN ) Luckily I have a trex xl also and I can continue to play !
If I knew there were going to be this much of a part's problem , I would have only gone with trex's.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
ct420

ptb - Get a tail shaft for the Shogun V1. It will work just fine as a replacement, and you can find them on many sites...

Many shogun parts are identical, but not all. For instance, the main rotor shaft for the shogun is about 3mm shorter than the one for the Falcon. You could probably make it work, but it would require shortening some of the linkages.

The tail shaft should work fine, however. I know others have used it and reported success...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:43 AM
spacedog001

ct420,

Actually the tail boom and shaft of Shogun is about 1 inch shorter.
I actually purchased shogun tail boom and compared with Falcon and found out its too short... Too bad this shogun tail boom was cool red alum which might fit nicely with falcon red...
Right now I am serisouly thinking to extend it somehow...
Old 01-08-2007, 09:01 AM
OKDeputy

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
ct420

ORIGINAL: spacedog001

ct420,

Actually the tail boom and shaft of Shogun is about 1 inch shorter.
I actually purchased shogun tail boom and compared with Falcon and found out its too short... Too bad this shogun tail boom was cool red alum which might fit nicely with falcon red...
Right now I am serisouly thinking to extend it somehow...

You are correct, but it is the tail rotor shaft he was asking about, not the CF drive shaft that runs through the boom. The tail rotor shaft from the Shogun will work. The drive shaft and boom will not...