Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Undecided what to do

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Undecided what to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
half31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undecided what to do

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I had a CX2 but my son recently stepped on it and broke it up. I bought this to try to learn the basics. I really enjoyed hovering and flying arounf the house but wanted something to used outside. I did some looking around and the Venom 3D XL popped out at me and my LHS had one so I went to check it out. He also had a simulator hooked up there and told be to give it a try. There was a gas helicopter on the screen so I used that one. Every time I lifted off the nose or tail would go foward or backwards eventually leading to a crash. Can you use the trims to help this or do you always have to be compensating with the right stick. Also I am without a helicopter right now and am not sure what to buy. Here are my thoughts. a)get the Venom 3D XP and learn on that $499.00 b) get something cheaper like the Helimax AXE Cp and go with that,pretty light for outdoor use though. c)have a place like Helihoby build a T-rex 450se for me and go right to the top and spend @$1000. Please if you could can you give me some direction. I have always been into rc and have always wanted a helicopter and now finally made the plunge.

Thanks
Jared
Old 03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
J-Cube

Default RE: Undecided what to do

Don't trust the try me, store sims. They're abused so much at the store that the transmitters just stop working right.

I recommend the Falcon 40 for outdoor use. I really like it as a trainer heli. Don't get a cheaper CP heli as your first outdoor heli. [:@] (Example: E-Flite Blade CP/Pro)
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Missileman

One more option to throw at you.
Instead of the T-Rex SE with all that expensive bling to break why not an XL and you build it yourself.
http://www.helihobby.com/html/trex_helicopter.html (about halfway down the page)
Has them for $550 with everything you need to get you flying.(just an example. If you shop around you can save even more)
These 2 links will give you all the info you need to build it.
http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=12455
http://www.trextuning.com
You will end up with a great heli that, after building yourself, you will know how to repair when needed and you can upgrade as your skills and wallet permit.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

Don't trust the try me, store sims. They're abused so much at the store that the transmitters just stop working right.

I recommend the Falcon 40 for outdoor use. I really like it as a trainer heli. Don't get a cheaper CP heli as your first outdoor heli. [:@] (Example: E-Flite Blade CP/Pro)

I agree with J-cube 100%

Get you a trainer heli you wont be afraid of beating up. Actually, get two or maybe even three so you'll always have one that flies so you wont let your piloting skills get rusty as you wait for parts.

[img][/img]

Then you will need to BUILD your Future Super Trick Trex heli. You won't learn squat if someone else does the work for you!!! I take that back, you will learn this: You'll learn that after every crash or adjustment needed, will require you to ship the heli to the store that built it for you. Not trying to be funny here, just the facts of the hobby.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63621.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	636859