Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Best Tx for Piccolo Pro >

Best Tx for Piccolo Pro

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Best Tx for Piccolo Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 08:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tx for Piccolo Pro

I am planning on purchasing an Ikarus Piccalo Pro. But I need a transmitter. The companies say that it can be flown aerobatically with a 4 channel Tx. But they also say that you much are better off with 6 channels. How much of a difference will the extra channels make? I want quality aerobatics and inverted flight but I dont need the competition quality flight capabilities or the added complication. Is getting the 6-channel Tx over the 4-channel really worth it?

Thank You For Your Time and Help
Old 02-27-2003, 09:17 PM

I don't know about the piccolo first hand, but generally speaking I'd say get a six channel Tx. The reason being that when you get bigger choppers (which you will, trust me) then you'll /need/ 6 channels, and you'll only have to go out and buy another Tx. You might as well get a 6 channel Tx now and not have to upgrade later

Carl
Old 02-28-2003, 08:12 AM
My Feedback: (5)

I'm pretty new to heli's but unless there's something I'm missing, I think you'll be very limited with the 4 channel on a cp heli.

If you're running only 4 channels, I believe the throttle and cp will be together on one channel so I don't think that you can keep rpm up while changing from positive pitch to negative pitch or vice versa... Or is it possible??

Well, even if it is possible I think it'll limit you more than you'd want. I have a fixed pitch Corona and I already wish that I got a 6 or 7 channel radio myself, mainly because I do plan on getting a cp heli in the future and now I have to look into another radio as well.

My opinion would be to definitely get a 6 or 7 channel radio, you will thank yourself in the future. Especially since you're getting a cp heli. If you do get a 4 channel, I could almost guarantee that within a few weeks, you'll wish that you got a 6.

I'd think of it like this, getting a 4 channel for a cp heli is kinda like getting a new Corvette with a 4 cyl and auto or getting a new widescreen tv with no remote, both are nice, they work and even fun to show off but you just can't get the full effect. That's the best way I could put it, hahah Have Fun!!
Old 02-28-2003, 10:36 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the replies. I have decided to go with the 6-channel especially since the Hitec Laser 6 is only about $20 more than the Hitec Laser 4.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:55 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Hi, double check with Ikarus to see if that radio will be optimal for your Pic Pro, I don't think that one has the proper heli mixing that you may want eventually, that radio is more of an airplane radio...