Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Venom NR2 Turning right???

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Venom NR2 Turning right???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 05:18 PM
MotoXer4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom NR2 Turning right???

I just got a venom night ranger 2 yesterday and flew it for the first time. It kept turning to the right because the tail prop spins too fast causing it to spin right. The only way i get it to not turn right is to hold the left control stick to the left and its neutral then and i have no left turning. I set the trim all the way to the left under the left control stick and its the same thing. Im lost. Can somebody please help?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM
FMB42

Default RE: Venom NR2 Turning right???

Hi MotoX,
Try turning the Proportional Mix Trimmer Pot down (-) a bit on the 4 in 1.

Here is a link to the RCU review of your heli;

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=678

Good luck and good flying!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
MotoXer4life

so which way is down, so its less sensitive or more sensitive?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:50 AM
FMB42

Turning the proportional mix rate screw counter clockwise will decrease the tail motor "mix" rate. Turning this screw to the right will make the nose of the heli turn right while turning the screw to the left will make the nose turn to the left. I would try turning this screw 1mm to the left (-) followed by a test flight. You can try turning it to the left another mm if the heli still wants to turn to the right. Repeat these adjustments as needed until the heli spins as little as possible.

Turning the gyro gain screw to the right increases gyro "sensitivity" and turning it to the left decreases sensitivity. The tail will "wag" back and forth if you set the gyro gain too high while setting it too low will make the tail fly "loose". Most pilots start out with the gyro gain adjusted as high as possible with out causing the tail to wag back and forth. About 3/4s of the way towards "full right" (+) usually does it. You will probably want to decrease the gyro gain as your flying skills improve.

Always make just one "adjustment" at a time as doing this makes it easy to "go back" if things don't work as planned.