Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Raidentech Raptor G2 RTF $185 Belt Drive

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Raidentech Raptor G2 RTF $185 Belt Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raidentech Raptor G2 RTF $185 Belt Drive

Now I know all the stories of Raidentech/Nitroplanes and whatever else they call themselves. However I did order the cheap ol simulator for $20 and the whole deal went off fine.

So I am going to put the money where my mouth is and cancel the backorder of the new AXE CP-L wehre as iamonly adding salt to the wound. As you may know, the previous one blew apart. Tower refunded my money and I must move on. Seems if I get another AXE, I'm going nowhere.

This Raidentech heli is a RTF-Lipo with the whole 9 yards and belt drive to boot.. Surely by the specs alone should be easier to learn and control than others in its prices range. With the rapid drain of the Nimh and the tail motors onthe AXE reaps havoc on a beginner

Like I said, If I new then (2 months ago) what I know now, belt drive would be the better way to learn on. I have that chance to do this and taking it. I still have my "Nice" HDX" on the table in construction.

We'll see.

http://www.raidentech.com/newbe63dz4dr.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58555.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	798826  
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM
redvtr1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raidentech Raptor G2 RTF $185 Belt Drive

I don't know how far you made it in the skills with the axe but I would be willing to bet that you might be better off saving that cash and finishing the hdx.

If you could hover tail in, you already have a decent heli (buy some spares) and get to it. If you didn't make it that far and don't feel confident in your ability then maybe buying another el cheapo will work.

Not to say the raidentech is junk, just you can't expect too much for 200 dollars for a rtf heli whereas 200 bucks will move you a good distance in spares and gear for that hdx which will probably fly so well that you will see drastic improvements in your skill set when you think about how things were with the axe.

GL with it.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Cyclic Hardover

Yeh, I thought of that but the original plan was to fool around with the trainer through the winter as i build the other. I'm still not "out" and funds onit all, just have a chance to move from one to another instead of adding fuel to the fire.

Kind of like going through some form of training where as the next step will be better, then the next step will be better, It's never better until its over and my AXE days are over.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Druss

The G2 looks a lot like the esky belt cp, what's parts supply like?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Beats me, I'll compare it to the HDX when it shows up and see what looks like what
Old 11-07-2007, 01:32 PM
FMB42

There is a big thread on the G2 in the RCU heli Beginners forum with tons of info/tips on this heli. BTW, I have had good service from "Grandhobby" which is, IIRC, the same as Raidentech, Nitroplanes, etc. They even sent out a replacement Tx (for a RTF ZERO fighter) with no questions asked.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM
redvtr1000

Keep us posted on how well it works. I might could get sucked into something of that nature. I want a bird that I really don't care about at all with decent parts support. Something cheap that I am not afraid to try just about anything on.

I am thinking that I am pretty much so done with the large part of my heli flying until we get rid of this time change garbage in the spring. By the time I get off work and make it to the house the sun is heading down pretty good and by the time I get to the field....

I'm gonna get a sim soon, just trying to decide which.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Cyclic Hardover

I just did the deal online, so it should be about a week. Wheres the link on that thing here? I should read up on it.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:36 PM
FMB42

Wheres the link on that thing here?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5028125/tm.htm

Good luck and good flying!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 AM
srouthouse

its also known as the walkera 36

it was my #3 choice for a cheap heli. the falcon 3d was second and i got the blackhawk 450se.

theres allot of parts for it
Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Cyclic Hardover

ORIGINAL: FMB42

There is a big thread on the G2 in the RCU heli Beginners forum with tons of info/tips on this heli. BTW, I have had good service from "Grandhobby" which is, IIRC, the same as Raidentech, Nitroplanes, etc. They even sent out a replacement Tx (for a RTF ZERO fighter) with no questions asked.

Grand Hobby----This company is the same as raidentech. I just called the 800 number and get the identicla recording and music!!!!!!!!!