Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Belt CP or Art Tech Falcon 3D?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Belt CP or Art Tech Falcon 3D?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 AM
martin loo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt CP or Art Tech Falcon 3D?

Hello everyone,

Feeling like picking up this hobby again, after flown the Lama and many unsuccessful flights of the dF 60 maybe a year ago.

Saw these two birds and dunno which to choose from, as they costs almost identical @ approx $170 in a combo package comprising of BL motor and Lipo batts as standard. Seems these two looks promising, so was hoping to hear your views here. At the moment my feelings goes to the Belt CP, as I felt that they have certain level of quality in stock form( judging from ny previous Lama ).

Will appreciate any inputs!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
martin loo

Default RE: Belt CP or Art Tech Falcon 3D?

Just checked in rcgroups, quoting that the esc tends to burned up during the initial flights with stock electronics... is it true???[X(]
Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Druss

are you talking about the belt cp? if so, i haven't had any problems with mine.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:08 AM
stevennh

I don't know about the Axe CP, but the Falcon's electronics are not great. I lost my motor (and ESC) after about 50 flights or so. After about half a year the mechanical linkages on the rotor head made it very tough to keep the blades tracking well (the z-bends just wore out). That coupled with tail problems and a broken idle-up switch leading to a crash caused me to dump the Falcon-3d and move to a T-Rex 450SA. I got the SA for less than $600.00 (used) with nice components and two batteries. After over a year of flights with the SA I have not had one problem attributable to bad hardware or electronics (just bad flying!). I would avoid the Falcon.

Steve
Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 AM
martin loo

ORIGINAL: stevennh

I don't know about the Axe CP, but the Falcon's electronics are not great. I lost my motor (and ESC) after about 50 flights or so. After about half a year the mechanical linkages on the rotor head made it very tough to keep the blades tracking well (the z-bends just wore out). That coupled with tail problems and a broken idle-up switch leading to a crash caused me to dump the Falcon-3d and move to a T-Rex 450SA. I got the SA for less than $600.00 (used) with nice components and two batteries. After over a year of flights with the SA I have not had one problem attributable to bad hardware or electronics (just bad flying!). I would avoid the Falcon.

Steve
I understands how you feel at that with your Falcon. Just like my previous DF 60, have many problems, provided you changed almost everything, except for that weak Alu chassics and that ugly canopy in order to maiden it successfully( you had to ditche away almost 80% stock items in RTF form, so why buy it?? ).

Right now I`m more confident in the esky product, and have heard it`s stock plastic hardware are getting better and better in design everyday. Anyway, she`s on the way in a few days time from ectrade.hk, so far cheapest @ $159.00 RTF with all the goodies( BL system, lipos, etc. ). Thanks for all the inputs folks, and wished me luck with this one k !