Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

TWISTER SKYLIFT. ANYONE GOT ONE YET?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

TWISTER SKYLIFT. ANYONE GOT ONE YET?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
simplyraptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TWISTER SKYLIFT. ANYONE GOT ONE YET?

I had noticed a couple of days ago that the skylift was very unresponsive when I was flying it on a cold morning, I only flew it for a couple of minutes and switched to my Titan, which doesn,t seem to suffer from the cold.

I tried the twister later in the day and it was ok, it was a warm afternoon today and it flew well as there was very little wind.

So I think your right it doesn't like the cold, but then I don't like the cold either!!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:08 PM
iecabus

LOL, i think the cold will definatly effect all four channel helis with this type of reciever in them, two different heli's cant be wrong. The blade was fine when i put a different body on it and test flew it around the house. Shame i had to loose the Airwolf to learn this lesson.[]

Happy hovering!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:24 PM
simplyraptor

I'm off to Egypt for a week to get away from this weather, I'm sure I am going to suffer withdrawal symptoms as I can't fly my Heli's for a week.

Pick it up again next week.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 AM
simplyraptor

The naked!! Skylift
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68055.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	877518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81508.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	877519  
Old 02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
rshermanking

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi thought i post a couple of pic`s showing me flying my skylift at a local model show from the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19781.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	888452   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73669.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	888453   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27486.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	888454  
Old 02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
simplyraptor

I see you have the blue CNC upgrades fitted, do you feel they improve the handling??

Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
rshermanking

Hi Simplyraptor, yes i do as well as using the Xtreame 180 motors and blades plus a 1000ma battery .
Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
simplyraptor

Not many original parts left then!! LOL
Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 PM
rshermanking

It would be nice if they did the two towers in ali and motor plates in carbon, then they would`nt flex as much as they do when you move the controls.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
simplyraptor

Its a a shame it is not more responsive on the controls, even with the rods adjusted out it still responds slowly to your inputs.

When I get some more time I will try different adjustments and see what improvements can be made.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:20 PM
LEOIII

Where can you get one from the U.S. Will cx2 parts work for up grades?Where do you get up grades?I have a fully up graded cx2 and you know once I get one of these I cant leave it stock.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 05-12-2008, 03:12 PM
rshermanking

Hello LEO111, i do not know where you can get them from in states, apart from checking you normal retailers or look on line. As for the cx ali bits yes they will fit apart from the inner shaft which is shorter, but it`s an easy fix by swaping over heads from the cx inner shaft to the skylift inner shaft which is longer.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:32 PM
LEOIII

Is it possible to put a CX2 (Spectrum ) reciver in the Skylift so I can use my CX2 transmitter on it?[&:]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:12 PM
rshermanking

Old 05-23-2008, 06:45 AM
henkboerboom

Hi, I am trying to configure the Twister Skylift on my Futaba T12Z (like I already did on my Twister Coastguard) but it looks like the channel assignement on the Skylift
is completely different then on the Coastguard. Anyone any experience with the Skylift and its original Receiver channel assigment ?
Thanks in advance, Regards, Henk
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 PM
crash13

[size=4]I have not seen any in the US, but Great Hobbies in Canada is selling them. I paid $241 delivered(free shipping if prepaid before May 15). This is my first heli, so far so good. It definately needs a larger battery, as it gets fairly warm just running on the ground at hi speed.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:55 PM
LEOIII

Hobby Lobby is getting them around 7/21/08 with a 72 mz transmitter.Probly order mine just before then and add some lights. All the videos I've seen on YouTube makes it look like fun (with few up grades) . You know I cant leave it stock!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 06-10-2008, 08:12 AM
AussieWozzi

Hey guys, Im hoping to get myself one of these heli's in a few days, Hopefully i'll have more luck with this than i've had with my Lama V4, anyone able to offer an opinion on this?
Old 06-12-2008, 05:01 PM
rshermanking

Hi AussieWozzi, dodnt know what sort of trouble you had with your lama v4, but the twister is easy to fly as long as you take in small steps and do not rush into it. On stock settings it is a bit slugish to inputs [not a bad thing when first starting] so beaware and operate in a large area, and in doors. If you whant to fly it out doors do it when theres no wind or when you have moore experiance with it. To make it moore responcive just move the link arms out on the servo arms but bewarned it can make it a littal bit twitchy but not to unwildly to operate. Stock up on blades-flybars-undercarige as these are things you will mostly do in when learning to fly it. On the stock battery the flying times are not long so you may wont to upgrade to a more bigger battery [1000mh] to give a littal more time in the air, but you will need to up grade the motors to handle the higher rated battery. You can fit all the normal upgrades on it apart from the inner shaft but this away around this[see earlyer post on this fread], i do hope this hasnt put you of from bying the twister because it is realy good to fly once mastered.

rshermanking.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:32 PM
JackBiplane1

Can you fly this outdoors? I was thinking of getting this or a " Merlin Pulsar 150 ". The Merlin only weighs 230 grams. Is 230 grams too light too fly outdoors or not? ( I am a beginner at Helis ) Many Thanks.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
phantom59

G'day Chaps, I'm brand new to this forum (& RCU as well) I have a Twister Skylift and have just had to replace both motors powering the lower blade sets. I also have installed the aluminium swashplate, blade holder,bearing holder and top blade grips.
I managed (by good luck) to find a guy in the U.S who makes his own carbon fibre flybars and also S/S inner shafts. His name is Ernie and you can find him on Ebay under "helitek". He makes the inner shafts a little longer than stock to avoid blade slap when you get a bit aggressive throwing it around!
I noticed on one of the postings that some-one has repainted the fuselage, What sort/brand paint is suitable for this kind of plastic? and did you use a small airbrush to apply the finnish?

Finally (yep I do run out of words!) could some-one point me towards a step-by-step idiots guide to setting the machine up?
Since installing the new rotating parts the Chinook doesn't seem to want to "hands-off' hover any more. I sure would like to regain that feature.

Regards,
Shane.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:09 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest that you should have replaced all four motors, it sounds like two of your motors are running a slightly different speed to the others. Gary.