Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

6S2P A123 on a Trex 600

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

6S2P A123 on a Trex 600

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 AM
cometravi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 6S2P A123 on a Trex 600

My Trex 600GF arrived last week and i now need to get the batteries for it.

Mine came with the 600L motor and I was seriously debating the A123 route.

I am a beginner in helis (Been flying electric planes big n small for many years) and was wondering whether the 6S2P A123 set-up with the 600L motor be ok to get me through my learning phase (lots of hovering, and some basic aerobatics). If I use the right pinion to get a headspeed of around 1800-1900 will this set-up work well?

Later on, I can just buy a new lower kv motor like the Z50-800 and use my 6S A123 packs in a 12S set-up with the appropriate pinion.

What do u guys think?

Cheers.....
Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 AM
wilga12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6S2P A123 on a Trex 600

Man-Alive,.. I sure do wish that someone with some real pertainate experiences,.. would give you a response,...

I'd sure be able to learn from your question and their response..??

I wish that I had something to offer you,..for help... That was/is a good question,...That you pose...

I guess that I'm still so new that I can't figure out why putting the two 6s packs together to create a 12s pack,..

(I'm assuming that you were gonna put the packs together in series,not parallel),...would create a situation that would benefit you..??

Unless the 800 KV motor that you mentioned,.. requires the voltage to be close to 40 volts..??

While you are waiting for someone to step up to the "Mic"...Would you lend me your thoughts on this point..??

Also,.. I'm curious as to how large a copter can work efficently (In your opinion),.. on a 6s pack,..With only skids down flight..??,...As my current charger will re-charge a maximum of a 6s pack..??

Thanks much,.. for your time here, Cometravi......................................... ...........Dave..
Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 AM
pappy35

Imagine that voltage is like pressure in a pipe. Now imagine that a battery is a pump. Lastly, a bucket of water is on the floor. The water in the bucket is ground.

What does a pump do? It increases pressure, right? It takes whatever the pressure is on the input and increases it by some amount, right?

OK. So you run a hose from the bucket into the first pump and measure the pressure on both side. It's zero on the input and, say, 3.2 psi on the output hose. Add six more pumps in series and you have something analogous to a 6-cell battery. So now add 6 more pumps in series and now you have something analogous to a 12S battery.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
wilga12

It really wasn't the "How" but the "Why he needed to do it" that I was after.. Can the chopper not continue to be flown on 6 cells as opposed to changing it to 12..??

Tanks for the analogy,though..

...........................Dave..