Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Help! Ar7000 acting funny with ACE esc

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help! Ar7000 acting funny with ACE esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Zeuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Ar7000 acting funny with ACE esc

Hey,

I just finished building my Mini Titan with stock motor and stock ACE 40 amp esc. Sometimes when i plug in the battery the lights on the Ar7000 light up and stay solid like i think they should, and then sometimes they come on and do a slow blink but still maintain the same functionality. It is a slower blink then the binding blink which is really fast.

Also i have a new CC BEC but i'm not sure how to install it properly. On the Ar7000 the aux2 and batt/data ports are open but i want to keep the batt/data port open because i have an eagle tree eLogger comming. Do i just remove the red wire on the ACE esc and then plug the CC BEC into aux2 on the reciever to power my servos? or do i need to buy a Y splitter?

Mark
Old 05-16-2008, 07:26 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Help! Ar7000 acting funny with ACE esc

The slow flash is telling you that you lost power.

The most common cause is you unplugged the battery and plugged it back in without turning off the transmitter. The instructions say that you need to let it sit for 30 seconds but you can let it sit forever if you don't turn off the transmitter it will come back up and assume there was a power loss. Where you have a problem is when you have solid lights when you take off but blinking lights after you land, that means the fast connect was activated in flight because the voltage dropped below 3.3 v
Old 05-16-2008, 08:16 AM
redvtr1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help! Ar7000 acting funny with ACE esc

Zeuss,

I've got a few ar7000s hanging around and iirc you may end up snipping a few wires. On your esc, you will cut the red wire (or just remove it from the servo connector with an exacto by lifting on the tab) and on the bec you can cut the signal wire (orange I think it was).

I just used some short extensions and cut the wires on the extensions then plugged them inline so I didn't have to cut on the electronics. You end up with the esc still plugged into the thr channel and the bec plugged into the batt port.

As far as your elogger is concerned, I believe you can power up the rx from the bec through just about any of the channels iirc. I never tried leaving the batt plugged into one of the other ports but I did plug it in to one of the aux channels when I was binding initially (bind plug in batt ch, esc to thr and the bec went to aux 1 or 2).