Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Art-Tech Typhoon Helicopter Just bought one anyone else have one?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Art-Tech Typhoon Helicopter Just bought one anyone else have one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
jhartle68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art-Tech Typhoon Helicopter Just bought one anyone else have one?

Just got an Art-Tech Typhoon helicopter had to bring it back and swap it out three times until I got one that worked. First one had tail rotor issues and the next two had problems with the motor getting way to hot and shutting down after three min. of flight. Brought the fourth one home today and finaly got it right. For the price this thing rocks. Anyone else got one, if so would like to hear your feedback on it. I'm fairly new to this, and have only been flying for about 4 months, been flying Honney Bee FP and just upgraded to the Typhoon so I realy dont have anything to compare it to.

Thanks

John
Old 09-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Druss

Default RE: Art-Tech Typhoon Helicopter Just bought one anyone else have one?

lol, considering the fact that 1 out of 4 worked do you really think that was the best choice? After the second one I probably would have just asked for a refund or traded for something else. You say "for the price this thing rocks" but you get what you pay for, look at the first 3 and decide how long the 4th one will last.

Seriously, I'd consider returning that and getting something else.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:38 PM
noobflyer01

he's just making a noob mistake. return that piece of art tech junk right back to vender. did you get it from hobby-lobby? price on that is $300 smackers.[X(]. bad deal man. you're better off getting a trex450sa or se and it wouldnt be that much more. even the belt cp at 155 RTF is a better deal.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:24 AM
jhartle68

Actualy I was looking for feedback from someone who owns one, and by the way noobflyer1 if you call me a noob again I will find out where you live and come visit you!!!!! Just kidding!!! The reason I chose to buy from Hobby Lobby is that they are a short drive from my house and I have had several bad experiences with ordering online and having them shipped to me. They always arrive damaged in the mail. Hobby-Lobby did not give me any trouble on the exchange and to make up for it they gave me a free extra battery every time I brought one back. I tried to purchace a Blade 400 from I site that I will not name and it arrived in the mail all messed up right out of the box. I went through hell to try to get my money back and I dont want to do that again. The only belt cp that hobby lobby sells is the carbon fiber edition and they want almost 400 bucks for it. I do appreciate the feedback from both of you, but would still like to hear from someone else who has one.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:20 PM
noobflyer01

well the reason i said get rid of it is because you said it yourself that it took 4 birds to get one thats flyable. its a good thing that you got it from a store close to your house. imagine if it wasnt. anyways as long as your happy with it thats all that matters. but it will be hard to find anyone in these forums that have your bird.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Druss

jhart, there is a REASON neither of us has one....

I have 10 helis and have never owned an art tech or walkera, I just don't want to waste my money that way. I have owned a few eskys and if done correctly they are good values. I have owned eflite and been dissappointed. I currently own Esky, Align, Hirobo, Gaui and HDX.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:10 PM
jhartle68

Druss,

How can you comment on a heli that you have never owned? You draw your conclusion by reading things that other people write. You can find both good and bad feedback on just about every heli out there on these forums. I admit the price I paid was a little high for what I got, but now that I have had the whole weekend to test this thing out I'm not dissapointed, I have put it through 9 battery cycles and haven't noticed any problem yet. The only reason that I bought from Hobby Lobby is that they are a short drive from my house. There is nothing worse than getting something in the mail that does not work and knowing its going to take at least 2 weeks before you see your replacement. Hobby Lobby's selection is a little limited right now so I just bought what they had in stock that I could afford. But now that I have done a little research I think the T-rex line is the way to go. Now I just need to find a dealer within driving distance from my house. Next time I will ask for feedback before I buy, cut me some slack, after all I am just a "NOOB". (I hope you see the humor in that because it was meant as a joke) Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback and Happy Flying!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:28 AM
m_eye_flying
My Feedback: (9)

OK, I was told the Typhoon wasn't made to use a fuselage, not sure why, but does anyone know if you can use a 450 size fuselage or something close? I have asked around and all I get is a "no". I would imagine you could by now since it has been out for a while. If someone could let me know, I would appreciate it.