Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Beginner needs help picking mCX or CX2

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Beginner needs help picking mCX or CX2

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:12 PM
traxxaspede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner needs help picking mCX or CX2

Hi, i am a beginner to rc helis and i wanted a mini heli. The two i am considering are the blace Mcx and the lade CX2. i am looking for value, upgradeable,durable, ease of use for a newbie, and i want to be able to use indoor/out. i m guessing the mCX doesnt do great outside, and the CX2 doesnt do great inside? or do they both work in/out.

I thinking the CX2 because of
-better radio system
-more upgrade parts
-bigger=handles wind better?
-low price (180 at my lhs)

BUT the mCX is
-smaller so its easier to fly indoors
-less expensive

I thnk i would by the CX2, but i want to hear from people who have 1 or both. also, are the helimax mini/micro helis good/better than the blade ones? if so, what is better and which one. remember the things i am looking for, price, duarbility, upgrades and easy to use

whichever one i do decide to get, could you give be some ideas on what i should order with it (extra blades, aluminum parts etc.)

thanks!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 PM
propjetdriver

Default RE: Beginner needs help picking mCX or CX2

buy a simulator,get good then buy a 450 of some sort.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
mediclavina

ORIGINAL: propjetdriver

buy a simulator,get good then buy a 450 of some sort.
In that case, my advise is just to get an SRB Quark. That should add to the confusion. LOL
Seriously, if a beginner would be willing to spend more than $300 up front, the Quark is the only single-rotor heli I would recommend to buy.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 PM
traxxaspede

i wanted a micro/mini heli though, and also, it would be about 200, not 300 dollars
Old 11-22-2008, 11:32 PM
propjetdriver

toys r us has some cheap stuff you can fly around the house and you dont have to fix it..lol. They take a good hit.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 AM
traxxaspede

dont want cheap stuff. should i get the blade mcx or the blade cx2?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:51 PM
augerin2

I agree w/ propjetdriver get a GOOD sim practice practice practice then get a 450 size bird ( my vote T-Rex V2 [sm=wink_smile.gif].
If ya have to buy something in the mean time, get the MCX. Cheaper & you can fly it indoors. I have the Cx2 and you can fly it outdoors,, but wind raises havoc with it
Old 11-23-2008, 08:55 PM
traxxaspede

well, i jst got a mCX, just finished the second battery, and ones charging right now. i am very happy with my choice. it is very fun, but im pretty bad at it, so there alot or room for experience and learning. maybe ill step up to a bigger heli in awhile, but for now, i'll just enjoy my little blade.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Longhair

You should listen to everybody when they say to get a simulator before getting a bigger heli.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM
rcbartra

I just got an mcx too, it is "cute" like a "baby heli" , but remember it is more like a toy. Good thing is you can always fix it if it brakes and you get to fly something for a little money plus you learn the "basics". Other thing is I was surprised to see how tough it is, Some guy was crashing his against the wall at the hobby store, picking it up and flying again like nothing hapened. Whenever you decide to jump to the next level though, I agree with the other guys, invest on a sim first, even an "old one" like a G3 or G3.5 before attempting to fly a 400 size single rotor....big difference!!!. I crashed my blade 400 the first week I got it, even after flying on a sim for two months. I got about 5 months under my belt now, but weather is not helping, so the sim comes in handy....
good luck with your mcx I enjoy flying mine around the house, I go through doors and windows, land it on every posible surface I find and my 2 yr old loves chasing it....