Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Piccolo Pro question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Piccolo Pro question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 03:09 AM
mikefoy6
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piccolo Pro question

Hi all

i just ordered a piccolo pro and i had a few questions about it (it hasen't arrived yet). is the stock motor powerful enough for full 3D flight? and is it at all possible to add a brushless motor to a piccoboard plus? also what are some recommendations for li-polys for this heli. Any help would be appreciated.

mike foy
Old 08-07-2003, 12:23 AM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

I just received my pro in the mail today. I was considering the brushless motor however, when i contacted helihobby and posed the same question you have, they told me you have to buy an ESC that is compatable with the brushless motor. All the other functions on the piccoboard you can still use- i/e ESC for tail rotor, gyro, etc.
I went all out and bought the PRo with most of the upgrades including Lion batteries. Ive heard good things about flight times around 30 minutes (in Hover). After i recover from my bank statement, i will probably go brushless. (this bird cost more than my Caliber 30).
One thing to note, since i didnt need a TX, the piccoboard arrived without a crystal. I called them and they are shipping the channel i requested at no cost. Hope some of this info helps.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:54 AM
grich

For li-po's : piccolo plus board 2 serial max!
piccolo pro board 3 serial.
e-tec's allow higher amp draw than standard kokam,
7amp/ 4amp continuous.