Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Feda Receiver, Transmitter ??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Feda Receiver, Transmitter ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Simbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feda Receiver, Transmitter ??

Hello All

May name is Paul, and I am a newbe to rc aircraft,

Here’s me problem, someone I meet on the internet gave me a Feda Dragonfly Heli, with all the controls on it, w/o the transmitter, it was passed down through a few hands, with no one getting it running, know I want to try and get it running but no one can remember what RX it has in it, it has no name on it, it’s a RX with a separate speed mixer, the RX just has a clear plastic cover over it, I went to my local hobby guy, he thinks it might be a old Berg rx, I searched around and found noting that looks like it, the best I found was a pic that looked just like mine on someone else Feda, but with no name of it, but at least I know the name of the TX that he used with it, it’s a Zhen Hua PCM 4 channel, but my hobby guys needs to know if it’s a positive or negative shift TX, so he can order me the right TX,

Any help would be great
Old 07-03-2003, 10:17 PM
avance_x

Don't buy a transmitter to match the receiver that you're not sure of, you might end up wasting a chunk of your money. Buy a good transmitter (sort of investment) that you like to have and match it with a receiver that works.

Just a suggestion.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:22 PM
avance_x

you may want to talk with this guy who just posted another thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...06&forumid=185]
Old 07-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Simbo

Thanks Avance

But that guy has a all in one rx, i have separate, RX , Speed mixer, Gyro.

I was hopeing to just get a 4ch TX for it, so if i upgrade to a good heli i want to give this one to my son
Old 07-04-2003, 01:59 AM
Gazoo

Here is what I would do. Take the whole heli to your local hobby guy and ask him to help you find a transmitter for the receiver. He should be able to do some testing to help you figure out whether it is positive or negative shift. Just make sure the motor is separated from the main gear before he tests, but he should know this. If he is not willing to help you, then I guess he does not need the sale of a transmitter.

The other option would be to order a 4 channel transmitter with a matching receiver. You can get a GWS receiver for about $20.00.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:12 AM
jeffs555

Paul,
If this is the receiver that originally came with a Zhen Hua PCM 4 channel transmitter, then no other transmitter than a Zhen Hua will work. PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) transmitters are all different, so a PCM transmitter from one manufacturer will not work with a PCM receiver from another.

The majority of transmitters and receivers used today are FM PPM (Frequency Modulated Pulse Position Modulation). PPM receivers come in negative shift, which is commonly called Futaba shift , and positive shift which is generally called JR shift.

If your reciever is a Zen Hua, then your best bet is to replace it. If you want the cheapest, you can go to www.balsapr.com and order a GWS model GWT-4A transmitter for $33, and a GWS Pico reciever for $22, and a receiver crystal for $7.50. Or you could get a used Hitec, or Futaba, or JR transmitter off of Ebay or the classifieds on this BBS, and then order a GWS Pico receiver to match. I personally like Hitec equipment, and you can order a new Hitec Laser 4 transmitter which has a lot of nice features for only $55 from www.servocity.com. Or just see what kind of deal your local hobby shop can give you on a 4 channel transmitter and receiver.

Jeff
Old 07-04-2003, 03:22 AM
Gazoo

I agree about servocity. I ordered a 9CHP, and an Electron 6 FM Receiver from them and the service I received from them was great.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Simbo

Thanks for all your help

sounds like i need to replace all the electronics even the servos, unless i splice in the servos, cause this things has some odd ball connectors on it.

will i be able to use the Feda speed mixer and the GWS piezo gyro if i go with a Futaba TX and RX
Old 07-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Gazoo

Yes as long as they don't have odd ball connectors on them to, which I doubt. Can you be more specific about the servo connectors?
Old 07-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Simbo

I read on another board that this Zhen HUA RX has really small connectors on it and that the person had to cut off the connectors on the new sevros and splice them on.

But kike i said i am all new to this

heres whats in the Heli

receiver no name think it's a Zhen HUA
servos no name on then
Speed control/mixer, Feda (motor on tail rotor)
Gyro, GWS piezo PG-03

Think i'am over my head with this thing, may need to go play with my cars for awhile hehe

P.S

Just looked at ServoCitiy site i like the sound and price of the

Hitec Laser4 TX
Hitec Feather RX (looks like it will fit in the little box on the heli)

Will the Speed/Mixer and Gyro work with this setup
Old 07-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Gazoo

Actually that price looks good since it is on sale, and that transmitter offers all the features you would need. If you want the Laser 4 Micro System which includes the receiver and servos, I think they will give you the package price since they have everything in stock, and that would be a better deal.
I would definitely call them and ask.

I had to call them myself when I ordered because their website indicated they were out of stock on the receiver I wanted. When I called, they claimed they had just received the receiver. I asked her to double check to make sure, and she came back and said we definitely have them. When I received the order, they did indeed send the receiver I wanted.

I can see no reason that the gyro and speed mixer will not work as long as they have the correct connectors on them ( are not odd). If they don't, then you can get the proper connectors.